Access Cab model recall

WT!!#...another trip to the dealership i guess when they send us a letter...but really who's gonna be opening and closing their access cab door with too much force!! :glare: i mean, come on now, i understand if you're one of those people who don't give a damn about your truck!

I don't think slamming the door is the cause. Probably opening and closing it normal will cause it to eventually work the screw loose. (vibrations)
Mine on the driver side fell out about 3 weeks after I bought my truck an '06 with 47k I bought Jan this yr. I just put it back in and tightened it up with a pair of needle nose vise gripes since I couldn't get the plastic off to get access to the nut head.
On a DC cab the same screw is used but attached to the door pillar.

I had a similar incident with my PreRunner's trailer hitch. Factory installed it had lost one screw & nut and another nut off a screw. I just replaced them. Cars vibrate so that can cause screws & nuts to work themselves loose over time. I had the same problem in my Chevelle where you adjusted the front end alignment 1 cap would always loosen up over time. I just re-tightened every so often.

Take the overhead compass on our trucks. There are 5 resistors that are soldered in that over time break. A quick .10¢ solder fix but not a safety recall. It's not a safety issue. At least Toyota is addressing the issue on our seatbelts. The compass they will at the cost of $700 I last heard.

I have to sort of "slam" my new 2013 access door because it doesn't shut all the way if I don't.. I'm guessing cause all the mechanisms are new? New seal? I dunno

Back