Adding sound deadening material to interior rear wall

jdr3366

Videos show removing the rear seats, then removing the plastic liner in order to install sound deadening material to the rear wall.

I have 2 boxes of material left over from my speaker upgrade.

Has any body just removed the plastic rear panel without removing the rear seats? Is it possible to pull the panel away enough to insert the material?

Videos show removing the rear seats, then removing the plastic liner in order to install sound deadening material to the rear wall.

I have 2 boxes of material left over from my speaker upgrade.

Has any body just removed the plastic rear panel without removing the rear seats? Is it possible to pull the panel away enough to insert the material?

@Bojangles did this a while back. I don’t recall if he pulled the rear seats but he can probably chime in here.

There are some products online like molle panels that people install behind the rear seats and from what I've seen online (And what I've seen under my own rear seats), it shouldn't be much work to remove them temporarily. Is there a specific reason you're trying to avoid taking them out?

There are some products online like molle panels that people install behind the rear seats and from what I've seen online (And what I've seen under my own rear seats), it shouldn't be much work to remove them temporarily. Is there a specific reason you're trying to avoid taking them out?
To much work... lazy. Haha

What ORI17TRD said.

And, the less I disassemble, the less chance of screwing it up.
I've never taken rear seats out of a Tacoma but just from looking at the bolts etc, I'm guessing it'd take about...3 minutes? Id recommend doing it yourself. This seems like an awesome opportunity for you to step out of your comfort zone just a bit. I guarantee you'll be surprised how easy it goes and then you'll have more confidence in the next DIY project.

@Bojangles did this a while back. I don’t recall if he pulled the rear seats but he can probably chime in here.

Access cab here.... 2006.
So ymmv
I removed the seatback (just a plastic panel with some felt on it). I then deadened the back wall and installed a molle panel to allow Dug to have more room back there (the seatback was a waste of space). I also removed seatbelt buckles so it was a flat surface for him to lay on.

I did not remove the jump seats (the bottom folds flat and serves as a platform for him to lay on).

This is on my list. Picked up a box of Kilmat deadening, mostly for the mbrp noise. I figured I would have to remove the seat.

I figured I would have to remove the seat.

I agree.

After watching the video and checking my truck, I think the seats have to be removed. The bottom of the seat is right up against the plastic rear wall.

Just a matter if I want to put in the effort for better (I don't know how much) sound deadening.

Back