Advice on buying 2nd Gen Tacomas

torchic2006

I'm looking at buying a 2nd Gen Tacoma and was wondering if anyone has any advice on the subject? For example, what years are better, what problems might I expect, what maintenance issues typically come up, what features/packages come in handy? It will be my first truck; I know I want the double cab edition and as fuel efficient as possible, but that's about it. I do a lot of outdoor activities (e.g. hiking, camping, hunting, etc.), so the truck has to be able to handle it all. Any tips would be extremely appreciated, thanks!

Well...if u live in a cold climate where they use a lot of road salts, there's a frame recall from 05-09 I believe(rust/rotting issues). Check the frame for rust or if it had this recall FOR SURE!....all Tacoma leaf springs are **** but can be easily replaced for a few hundred bucks. Wheel bearings need replacing after about 150,000kms.....besides that excellent choice in truck dude!

Well...if u live in a cold climate where they use a lot of road salts, there's a frame recall from 05-09 I believe(rust/rotting issues). Check the frame for rust or if it had this recall FOR SURE!....all Tacoma leaf springs are **** but can be easily replaced for a few hundred bucks. Wheel bearings need replacing after about 150,000kms.....besides that excellent choice in truck dude!
Either way, still get the frame sprayed to prevent rust

Back