Advice to a future Tacoma owner

Bridgelord

Hello all, looking to buy my first Tacoma. I've got about 20k budgeted and would love to hear some of your thoughts. Would love to have a pickup for my short commute, hauling stuff, camping, ect.

What years would you all recommend? Trim level? Mileage?

Thanks!

Hello all, looking to buy my first Tacoma. I've got about 20k budgeted and would love to hear some of your thoughts. Would love to have a pickup for my short commute, hauling stuff, camping, ect.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.
You can find about any first gen for between $8-16k. I would get one with between 130-180k Miles on it if you can find one with less.
In that price range Second gen you’re looking 2005-2010. 70-150k Miles. Most are going to be $15-24k. Remember if you find one you like for $23k offer your $20k nagaotiate if you can.
The off-road and limited are going to have the most options. Sports have the hood scoop. SR5 is your more basic.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.
With $20k budgeted that opens up a lot more options. Whether you buy a first or second gen make sure you: look at the carfax, look at the frame and body for rust/repairs, look closely at the mechanical condition of the truck (if you’re not comfortable have a trustworthy mechanic do it).
The lower the mileage of course the better.
Like @OR17TRD said, look around and negotiate your price. If you aren’t looking for a lot of options you can find a base 4x4 a little cheaper.
Look at www.cargurus.com and search your area.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum!

Back