AFE and magnaflow cat back

jromo

About a week ago I installed the afe cai and a magnaflow cat back on my Tacoma. I had bought the truck from the dealership with a small lift and the 17" trd tires and felt it was a bit sluggish compared to my 2016 tacoma. With these upgrades I feel like I've gotten a bit of the power back and maybe eve a few more. It also does seem to have an additional punch around 40, 65, and 80 mph. By punch I mean my foot is steady on the pedal with moderately strong pressure and a constantly reving engine and the truck seems to punch a few more Rpms at these speeds. I'm hoping it's from the upgrades and not a problem with the truck anyway. I also added the vibrant ultra quiet resonator between the muffler and the connection, I was just getting way to much hum at 3k. Just thought I'd let you guys know it's a decent upgrade. I ended up getting really good deals by hunting, $312 for magnaflow and $382 afe... $100 for the ram. I found that by calling around and asking for the best price works best. The magnaflow i got lucky with on amazon though... really lucky! Still waiting on the bully dog to come out. Do y'all know if it voids the warranty? And, how well do they work? I drive 60 miles to work, so gas consumption is a factor.

Yeah pretty much. Maybe 2 from the intake and 5 from the exhaust at high RPM. Been there done that for many years. On modern engines, you need forced induction to make noticeable gains.

No your warranty is not voided unless the mod is proven to cause an OEM part to fail. If it does then they just won't fix the issue. They can't just simply void your warranty.

About a week ago I installed the afe cai and a magnaflow cat back on my Tacoma. I had bought the truck from the dealership with a small lift and the 17" trd tires and felt it was a bit sluggish compared to my 2016 tacoma. With these upgrades I feel like I've gotten a bit of the power back and maybe eve a few more. It also does seem to have an additional punch around 40, 65, and 80 mph. By punch I mean my foot is steady on the pedal with moderately strong pressure and a constantly reving engine and the truck seems to punch a few more Rpms at these speeds. I'm hoping it's from the upgrades and not a problem with the truck anyway. I also added the vibrant ultra quiet resonator between the muffler and the connection, I was just getting way to much hum at 3k. Just thought I'd let you guys know it's a decent upgrade. I ended up getting really good deals by hunting, $312 for magnaflow and $382 afe... $100 for the ram. I found that by calling around and asking for the best price works best. The magnaflow i got lucky with on amazon though... really lucky! Still waiting on the bully dog to come out. Do y'all know if it voids the warranty? And, how well do they work? I drive 60 miles to work, so gas consumption is a factor.
As long as the exhaust is cat-back it should be legal. I have a 2017 taco and have installed a trd cat-back exhaust and a trd air intake system. Better throttle response and power. Its smog legal also!

Back