Affordable 2nd gen dual cab roof racks! -GROUP BUY-

kickasssloth

Hey guys!

Uni75FNh.jpg

First time posting over here, long time reader. I started some product development over on Tacoma World a few weeks ago and just opened a group buy over there and wanted to open it up to anyone over here too!

For a long time I have been looking for a somewhat affordable, modular, easily customisable and removable roof rack solution for my truck... Being a product developer for small production runs for other companies and having an additive manufacturing business, it became a no brainier to build my own while I had some time!

Feel free to check out the original thread for any details I may have missed, but I will do my best to explain them all again here.

Basically, I have developed a set of mounts that fit into the weather strip channel along the roof rack line for 2nd gen dual cab tacomas that allows you to mount my 2 part mounting system directly to your trucks factory roof rack mounts, this means no drilling is needed! You just bolt down our mounts (with all the included hardware, and tools included too) and then mount the second half of the mounts to the rack its self, and then bolt them up together and you have an extremely solid, durable, and modular rack system.

We have spent the last few weeks testing these mounts, made of an aerospace grade carbon fiber polycarbonate and we have tried every way to break them and they come out on top, we even put close to 1000lb on the top of the truck and everything was solid. Please see FAQ for further details.

This is how everything is going to work.

Very important note! I will be updating the sale number here and on TW to keep track of who has paid.

I will be doing this because the FIRST 15 ORDERS get a free bed corner light/accessory bracket set! (2 brackets, black.)
iRDOqZth.jpg

Also extremely important!!! If we sell more than 25 units in the first 2 weeks, EVERYBODY will get $30 off of their total.

- You PM me that you would like to reserve a spot to buy the rack. Please include what version (standard or black) and if you want a wind panel (with or without cutout, and what size cutout) and if you want side panels.

Your message should look something like this ----
"Hey, I would like a standard rack with side panels. Thanks."

- After this you will receive a link to a $50 deposit, please include your real name and email, as well as your username on here. Real name is for my use only and will not be shared here or anywhere.
This deposit is non refundable, and 100% locks you into the buy. If you change your mind, that is fine but you lose your spot and your deposit.

- Once I have your $50 deposit, I will add your name to the list below and you will get another email on FRIDAY MAY 12TH in which you will have a proper invoice for the rest of your order total minus the $50 obviously, and minus $30 if we sell over 25 units.

- Once you have paid the rest of your order, you will be marked as paid on this list and in 3-5 weeks we will be able to start shipping final products!!

Please note, if we sell over 30-40 total, shipping may be delayed by a week or two, but it will come. I am one guy, not a big company, hope you understand!

What can I buy?
(FINAL PRICES ADJUSTED SLIGHTLY FROM ORIGINAL)
Standard rack with 6 cross bars - $480
Premium rack with 7 cross bars, BLACK anodized - $590
"Add a bar" extra cross bar - $40
Wind panel with cutout for 22 inch light bar - $80
Wind panel with no cutout - $70
Side Panel (Pair) - $90
"Mount pack" Set of 6 small universal mounts for quick attachments of bungee cords or similar. - $15

Is shipping included?
No. Shipping is $60 on TOP of whatever you want to anywhere in the lower 48 states. Shipping will be via UPS ground delivered in a box. If you are within the DFW Metroplex, let me know before sending your final invoice and you will get $30 shipping. THERE WILL BE NO LOCAL PICKUP OR DELIVERY.

What is included in the box?
- x2 Side Rails
- x6 Cross Bars (Premium will have 7 cross bars)
- Side panels with mounting (if ordered)
- Front wind panel with mounting (if ordered)
- all required hardware (US made coated stainless steel)
- High strength joint brackets
- x3 long reach hex keys
- Threadlocker
- Instructions
- foam strips

What is required to install?

- 1 hour approx.
- step ladder makes it easier
- all required tools are included
- an electric driver with metric hex bits allows for easier/faster install.

FAQ

Do I have to drill holes?
No. This uses factory mounts.

Will this fit ____ truck?
No, this ONLY fits second gen dual cab tacomas. 05-15.

How much weight can it handle?
800lb total, 200lb on any individual cross bar. We recommend no more than a couple hundred points when driving for safety, but if you have a 200lb RTT and 2 occupants at 250lb each, you can comfortably trust the system.

Can I mount a roof top tent?
Sure, as long as the tent plus occupant(s) are under 800lb.

What do I do if it doesn't fit, breaks, or I have some other issue?
Contact me! :) I will be happy to fix any issue that you have, even if it means making new parts for you.

What are the wind and side panels made of?
1/4 inch high impact resistant ABS plastic panels rated for outdoor use.

Does the rack sit level?
Yes. It is perfectly level front to back, and side to side.

What are the dimensions?
47.5 inches wide and 48 inches long

How much does it weigh?
26 pounds.

Here are some real world photos of the final version of a Standard rack with no panels.
Uni75FNh.jpg

69MF5rdh.jpg

PjrOv7th.jpg

WeQnLrhh.jpg

vK9Owf5h.jpg

Please use these renderings to get an idea of what your version will look like as I can't afford to build each version for photos.

Standard Version, No side or front panels. Clear anodized with 6 cross bars.
z2GlNURh.jpg

Premium black version, no side or front panels, Black anodized, 7 cross bars.
AWp7wlPh.jpg

Standard version with side panels and front wind panel (no cutout)

lWaMlAAh.png

Rough example of wind panel with light bar cutout, final version to come with better aerodynamics.
qocWonXh.jpg

List of those who have paid ---

1. TW member

Back