After market Lockable Access Panels

alt171brain

I am wondering (before I make some) if anyone has seen any Lockable aftermarket access door panels for the Tacoma TRD bed.

I have seen some on TW. Not sure who makes them. It was a replacement box. It was deeper than the stock one. I think the cost was high. Most people just add a lock.

Made by Tuffy

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

They are pricey new but I bought mine used. They are alright but some more thought should have been put into them. The box top has a terrible angle that makes it difficult to get large objects in or out. A simple 2 piece design would have fixed that issue. Also it could have been made deeper.

My brother has a tuffy center console in his CJ. They are worth what they charge. His locks the stereo and his particular one is waterproof too i believe.

190 for the taco box is pricey though. I dont have anything worth stealing in it. Just my 15 dollar ratchet straps from home depot and a couple bungy cords. Knock yourselves out haha.

Lockable covers..

Nice pictures thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for..:thumbsup:
You're right about that price too Ouch.. Gives me some ideas, possible making the whole cover out of sheet metal. I agree with the small compartment and I too wish they were bigger. Currently I am driving around with the covers off because I know somebody will snatch them, just because.. People Geeese..
Thanks everyone..

""Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car"."

Back