Aftermarket (not factory) tonneau covers for the 2016. Which one do you like?

Puzzled? Yes, $810 dollars saved is $810 dollars earned. I too wonder what that cover is for just $250.

Bogunn, the BAKFlip is much flatter than the factory cover and the forward and rear ends don't quite smooth fit to the bed panels, allowing potential for water entry. And yes, my experience is that water does get in.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

$250?

The BAKFlip MX4 that I settled for ... $1060, after tax and installation.

I would have preferred the Toyota cover, but was told that if the truck didn't come with it factory installed, it was not possible.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA
It’s a PITA and not worth it IMO. If it wasn’t on there from factory you did right by getting the Bakflip MX4.

It’s a PITA and not worth it IMO. If it wasn’t on there from factory you did right by getting the Bakflip MX4.
How come? Its so easy to install, the holes are already in the truck u just need to cut the plastic bed rails for the brackets by a dremel tool.. and you are gucci for life

Walmart
20-40$
I don’t shop at Walmart. :)
I’ll go to harbor freight or bi-mart.
I still feel like it’s a PITA to cut up my bed rail to install a mediocre tonneau cover that you have to remove every time you want to have full access to your bed.

I don’t shop at Walmart. :)
I’ll go to harbor freight or bi-mart.
I still feel like it’s a PITA to cut up my bed rail to install a mediocre tonneau cover that you have to remove every time you want to have full access to your bed.
You are just cutting one line on four sides for the hinge on each bracket, 10 min you shuld be done.

looked at the available options and bought an Extang Encore. Like the ability to open the front section, and that the bed rail system is retained. We'll see how weather tight it is, but I like it so far.

looked at the available options and bought an Extang Encore. Like the ability to open the front section, and that the bed rail system is retained. We'll see how weather tight it is, but I like it so far.
Give it the old garden hose test ;)

I have the factory cover but if you want the best I suggest diamond black...pricey but amazing and will outlast most

Back