Aftermarket rear springs

Bigislandrock

Bigislandrock
Prior to getting my 6" lift installed i considered purchasing aftermarket rear springs that can handle the loads i haul. Usually when i haul green waste its roughly 3-400lbs / camping gear plus my family 400-450lbs and now i'll also be getting a new steel bumper with tire carrier as well as a spare 33", im sure all of this will put added strain on my stock springs as prior to the lift it sagged.

Anyone do a rear spring upgrade? Add-a-leaf? Is there any manufacturers who have a 6" spring for Tacoʻs? Iʻve researched All-pro and Northwest wbo have 2-4" spring lifts. Should i go with a 2" and retain the 4" block? Id like to get rid of the block though. How does this work? Might i need shims to correct driveline with the 4" springs? Any advice, suggestions?

Sent Alcan details of my needs and usage. I dont want the rear to ride stiff without a load so now im debating. Ive found these add-on's called Hell-wig helper springs. The ones for tacoma's are a simple install and each are rated at 750lb per spring. So an additional 1,500 load capability on top of my sagging stock 1,300 load? Should do the job.

I just tested my hauling load yesterday with my family and filled a small load (250lb) going off-road and it stayed nearly level. I think its the strong stiff Fox 2.0 rear shocks that helped. I've loaded my bed with a freshly butchered steer into quarters (800lbs) when it was stock and boy did it sag...

Might get those Hell-wig helper springs for future heavy loads. Anyone here ever use them?

I've seen people run them but haven't had them myself, but I don't think they'd up your bed cap that much, since they're basically just an AAL

should note though, with leafs giving that much lift, you can't get that arch height without them being stiff (if you do get that pack)

$650 for 6" rear HD springs (big sigh) shipping to Hawaii..$3-400 bucks...

Got to pay to play...and the price of living in Hawaii....

Gonna be awhile till i upgrade the rear..

I installed the Heillwig progressive helper springs on my 13' Taco because the stock springs were not enough to handle my 14' tandem axel trailer. They completely eliminated the bounce from a loaded trailer and the ride is not effected at all when not towing. If you are going to buy a trailer I recommend spending the extra money and getting electric breaks they save a lot of wear and tear on your breaks and truck. you will need to install a beak controller to use them but controllers are not expensive. Other than a front leveling kit and Billstien 5100s the rest of my suspension is stock.

Back