Air intakes

Of course many people will tell whatever they use is the best! True that many other intakes are great. Read what you can ,and above all enjoy whatever you do!!!

I have a Volant on mine it does fine, noticeable power over stock w/ a Jet MAF sensor. Kinda noisy in a pull past 4K, doesnt whistle like a K&N.

Attachments

• IMG_2840.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 60
You'll hear the increase in noise from the engine compartment. Then most of them give you a bit better throttle response at the gas pedal.

Would recommend just running a k&n stock filter The cold air intake system Letson way too much debris and fine dust. Or AFE makes a closed box unit for this

K&N 63 intake is great wash the filter and oil based on how many miles you drive monthly and if your trail rides on dusty trail behind other trucks . Rise it after a weekend of it!

I prefer the spectre 250 mph filter it cost way less than k@n besides the k&n has oil that collects on man sensor and has truck running to rich. But it's a toss up. I'm cheap so I have truly enjoyed the spectre air filter can be bought at oriel lays for around 26.00 and is also reusable .

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

Me not cheap and me on top of all services needed always = no problem with K&N's ! My lazy ass buddies who do the least amount possible can't use them!

I've used the K&N filters on my hot rods over the years and daily drivers. Never had any problems with the oil coming off into MAF sensor or
doing any other type of damage.

Hmm I asked dealer about the cold air and they recommended dry filter .. I have used k&n filters in the past but I still got better gas mileage off a dry filter. Jmo

I've never gotten better gas mileage from an air filter that was either dry or wet unless the old one was dirty.
Dealer will always stick with the factory recommended parts.

True that but I think I'll stay dry after my Cadillac incident I will stick with dry one I guess just my experience was enough to push me away from oiled air filters

True that but I think I'll stay dry after my Cadillac incident I will stick with dry one I guess just my experience was enough to push me away from oiled air filters

I run dry. But my intake sits between the grill and radiator to. I gained very little until I added the calibrator. That made a noticeable difference. Plus it scares the crap out of people when I get on it and their window is down. Lol

Back