American Racing ar172 16x8 do not fit

Taco Slinger 4000

2F58D892-C7E8-45A4-BEDF-37A0E18F2FE4.png
Just got a call from discount, they installed the rims and took them off because they rub the calipers. I have a 2016 sr5 RWD. Just a heads up for anyone buying these 16x8 0 offset 4.5 backspacing wheels; they will not fit third generation tacomas. Hopefully someone sees this and learns and doesn’t try to put them on their tacoma.

View attachment 16913
Just got a call from discount, they installed the rims and took them off because they rub the calipers. I have a 2016 sr5 RWD. Just a heads up for anyone buying these 16x8 0 offset 4.5 backspacing wheels; they will not fit third generation tacomas. Hopefully someone sees this and learns and doesn’t try to put them on their tacoma.
Are they letting you pick out other wheels that do work? I got 16x8.5 -6 offset TKO MB’s from discount tires and they are fine.

Ok so long story short I ended up with another set of 16x8’s 0offset 4.5bs rhat actually fit. American racing AX201. I’ll post pictures when I figure out how to downsize the upload lol

No it’s a different model wheel, although they are both made by American racing. The wheels in the first post are the same exact dimensions but different model. The wheels in the first post had a lip on the inner side of the wheel which did not clear the caliber. Guys at discount tire in Ormond Beach FL were primo handling the situation and ended up working out a deal with me so I’m happy I ended up with some black bullet hole style wheels that fit

Back