An "Is there anyway" question

1toptoy

ok so this may be a stupid question but is there anyway to turn the 2017 tacoma engine off without also Turing off your radio at the same time?

ok so this may be a stupid question but is there anyway to turn the 2017 tacoma engine off without also Turing off your radio at the same time?

Not that I’m aware of. I’ve actually tried to figure out the same thing. You can turn it straight back on into accessory mode to just use the radio though.

If you have the automatic with pushbutton start, you can shift to neutral then push the button off and the radio will stay on in accessory mode (shift to park after) Push button again and it will shut off. Or stay in neutral and push button to start the engine again.
Not sure about manual transmission models tho if you have one...

If you have the automatic with pushbutton start, you can shift to neutral then push the button off and the radio will stay on in accessory mode (shift to park after) Push button again and it will shut off. Or stay in neutral and push button to start the engine again.

Turn the truck off in neutral.My radio stays on.

Good to know. I hadn’t shut my truck off in neutral I guess, so I haven’t ran across that. Thanks for sharing.

This is the reason why I love the forum, because no matter how stupid might be the question someone always know the answer. Thanks for the info.

Back