Any TRD Pro owners out there that put bigger tires on their TRD rims?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Greg K, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Greg K

Greg K Member

Just wondering if it is ok to put 265/75/16 tires on my 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro. It comes with 265/70/16 tires and I want some more aggressive off road tires. I like a lot of tires in 265/75/16 size, but in the 265/70/16 tire size ,the only one I would consider is the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. But never had that tire before.

Oh yeah I had a 2003 TRD Off Road Tacoma that had 265/75/16 stock on it (but she rolled on me last January,TOTALED,and is heaven now)so it’s so weird that the 2017 TRDPro doesn’t come with the same size tire. I wonder if the Fox Suspension has something to do with it? Any experience with this issue will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

OR17TRD likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You can put 265/75/16 on it with no problems. Welcome to the forum. Let’s see this pro...

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

^^^^^^ like he said.
    Welcome to the forum.

5. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!

6. OP
    Greg K

Greg K Member

Thanks, still have the stock tires on(just can’t wait to put some more aggressive ones on)so nothing but the stock Pro look so far. I’ll get a pic out as soon as I can.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. 07toytaco4x4

07toytaco4x4 Member

With a 2 inch leveling kit you can fit 285/75/r16 on it

Triple D likes this.
  8. OP
    Greg K

Greg K Member

What leveling kits do you recommend?, and you think it ok to put on with my factory Fox Suspension?

9. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Dont stack lifts, leave spacers in the garbage

Bogunn likes this.