Anyone seen this?

Trucks typically don't need disc in rear, no weight and like others mentioned the majority of braking is done with the fronts.

Heavier truck though.

But still, rear disk on a pickup is pretty much useless since there's no weight in the bed. Toyota cheaped out too. I'm thinking the larger trucks have them because of their tow/hauling capability. Do the pooperduties even run rear disk?
Hah, it is like 400lbs heavier... wut a pile

I never did drum brakes and not sure if I could do them. Toyota wants 250.00 per side to do them. My truck has 115,000 miles on the stock rear brakes so if I go back to the stock brakes by the time it needs them again I'll be looking for a new truck

I never did drum brakes and not sure if I could do them. Toyota wants 250.00 per side to do them. My truck has 115,000 miles on the stock rear brakes so if I go back to the stock brakes by the time it needs them again I'll be looking for a new truck

They are fairly easy. The best thing to do is complete one side at a time so you can use the other side as a reference.

The first time I did drums, one side took me an hour and the other side took 15 minutes.

Hey guys since we're talking about the rear breaks in our trucks I'm just wondering, how do you know when the drum brakes are going bad?

Back