Anyone with a flow master 44 on their gen 3?

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Tacoman112, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Tacoman112

Tacoman112 Well-Known Member

Anyone with a flowmaster series 44 on their gen 3? Debating on this or the magnaflow. Any tips?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Super44 is gunna be deep and may drone.
    Magna depending on size may not drone, but wont be as deep.

4.0 here, but i went from 3" magnaflow which sounded weak and ricey to a super44 which sounded deep and throaty but droned at highway speeds.

Have the shop clamp on a few diff mufflers (i feel i need to add this as some people.... "one muffler at a time").

Start truck, throw a rev (warn any tech under the truck)... buy with your ears.

Bogunn likes this.
  4. OP
    Tacoman112

Thanks for the tip. Will do!

Bojangles likes this.
  5. OP
    Tacoman112

Bojangles thanks for the advice. I tried out a couple different mufflers and ended up super44 with matte black exhaust tip. Couldn't be happier with the end results!

IMG_3363.jpg IMG_3364.jpg

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. Bojangles

Happy to help, ive written comments like that atleast a dozen times and i cant recall anyone replying and stating they did what i suggested lol.

I know a couple guys who own exhaust shops and this was how i was taught. Makes perfect sense since thats how u buy speakers... close ur eyes and have someone switch the speakers around and not tell u what brand is hooked up. Then u buy with your ears.

Unless ur stuck with only a bestbuy near you, then its all crap no matter what name is on the label

Bogunn, Tacoman112 and OR17TRD like this.
  7. 3genowner

3genowner New Member

I had a magnaflow on for 2 days the drone was so bad in the cab it was removed, flowmaster is louder. I am going with the TRD exhaust system, 95db

8. Bojangles

If u have ur stock tubing u can juzt weld a muffler from the same maker on... isnt it borla or bosal?

Same diameter tubing, same mandrel bends, save some monies?

Also amazed magna droned, what size can was it?

9. OP
    Tacoman112

Didn't have an issue with my flow master and my son sits in the back on that side and doesn't brother us at all. But to each his own.