Anytime fogs mod

I modded my 014 as soon as I realized the driving lights were going off with the brights on. Dumb design. The original bulbs are anemic to say the least so I also modded some H-9 bulbs to jump up the lumens. The H-9's are headlight bulbs and don't have the "caps" over the bulb tips like the originals. So I tested the optical cut off of the housing reflectors by first doing one side and parking the truck with the lights on a nice flat warehouse wall to compare the effect. The upper cut off remained the same so aim wasn't an issue. But visually - the H-9's are about twice the output on the pavement.

I modded my 014 as soon as I realized the driving lights were going off with the brights on. Dumb design. The original bulbs are anemic to say the least so I also modded some H-9 bulbs to jump up the lumens. The H-9's are headlight bulbs and don't have the "caps" over the bulb tips like the originals. So I tested the optical cut off of the housing reflectors by first doing one side and parking the truck with the lights on a nice flat warehouse wall to compare the effect. The upper cut off remained the same so aim wasn't an issue. But visually - the H-9's are about twice the output on the pavement.

I agree really dumb design from the factory. I lost both on my old 13’ Tacoma my lows would turn off on high beams and I always lost coverage in front of my vehicle. It drove me crazy. Thankfully I stumbled on the Brite box mod.

Yes!! The output on H-9 bulbs are much brighter than the stock H-11!! I use the bulbzilla kit from aspire auto accessories. Highly recommend this bulb mod if you are looking for a good boost in light. I Installed the kit in 15 minutes and looks factory. Huge difference

If you look around on line, you'll find instructions for altering H-9 bulbs to fit directly into an H-11 socket. The H-9's are only 10 watts more power consumption than the original H-11 so amp draw isn't an issue.

Back