Ar767

MainlyStocky21

From what I read there is basically no 16" steel wheels that fit the 2nd gen tacoma. I know maybe some can work but most haven't. I'm wondering if anyone else has the American racing ar767 wheels on their truck. I bought some for cheap off CL and I was thinking I'd use spacers. I've gone back and forth with using them and just getting new wheels. Although I love the style of these and can't find any ones that look as classic and still fit.

Last edited:
From what I read there is basically no 16" steel wheels that fit the 2nd gen tacoma. I know maybe some can work but most haven't. I'm wondering if anyone else has the American racing ar767 wheels on their truck. I bought some for cheap off CL and I was thinking I'd use spacers. I've gone back and forth with using them and just getting new wheels. Although I love the style of these and can't find any ones that look as classic and still fit.
Like @whippersnapper02 said 2nd gens and 3rd gens can fit 16” wheels. 15” won’t clear the brakes. I wouldn’t use wheel spacers.
They will work if within these specs 16x7” to 16x9”, 6x139.7 PCD, ~5” backspace and anywhere between +30 and -6 offset.

Ya I'm not quite sure of the size of the rim that I have other than it's a 16" and it's the right lug patten. The offset/backspacing is off though cause it rubs on the caliper by 1/4".

Ya I'm not quite sure of the size of the rim that I have other than it's a 16" and it's the right lug patten. The offset/backspacing is off though cause it rubs on the caliper by 1/4".
It’s got to be more than +30 then. Anything lower should be done up to about -12 but I would go past -6. I would get new wheels. @whippersnapper02 used some wheel spacers I can’t remember what brand. I know people use the spidertrax. You have to maintain them regularly.

I grinded my caliper down about a 1/8” to clear my rims then painted them. Don’t have any rubbing or problems braking [emoji1417]

Ya I sat on it for a while and realized that I didn't want to use any spacers. I just sprung for some new rims instead. Sets me back a bit but I think I'll be happy with them. Plus I can always put them on another tacoma down the road. Thanks guys

Back