Atkinson cycle 3.5

Dont buy the 2019 Tacoma without doing your homework
This Tacoma is a real piece of crap
Test drive this truck for at least 100 miles at various speeds the engine vibration is unbelievable for such an expensive vehicle
The throttle response is ridiculous and constantly feels like there is bad fuel in the system from Toyota doing too much with the engine and transmission to cut emissions and fuel economy
If I wanted a Prius I would have bought one now I own a $40,000.00 piece of crap
Good luck

Unfortunately I didn’t test drive this truck as it was my third purchase from this dealership and put together late Saturday I came straight back to dealership and was told they would address it Monday
Monday came only to be told this is how they drive now

Sorry to hear this.......so during the test drive you noticed engine vibration, ridiculous throttle response and what feels like bad fuel in the system.......and you still purchased it???

I know it sounds crazy but I trusted this dealership

Unfortunately I didn’t test drive this truck as it was my third purchase from this dealership and put together late Saturday I came straight back to dealership and was told they would address it Monday
Go back and ask to test drive 3-5 others and call your sales guy out on his sh!t if you find one that drives much better. If you hate it, return it.

P.S.- OVTune does wonders for throttle response!

I realize I am among some serious Tacoma fans and believe me I want this to work out I love the truck and can’t believe Toyota would do this to a serious truck

If we wanted a Prius we would have bought one

Dont buy the 2019 Tacoma without doing your homework
This Tacoma is a real piece of crap
Test drive this truck for at least 100 miles at various speeds the engine vibration is unbelievable for such an expensive vehicle
The throttle response is ridiculous and constantly feels like there is bad fuel in the system from Toyota doing too much with the engine and transmission to cut emissions and fuel economy
If I wanted a Prius I would have bought one now I own a $40,000.00 piece of crap
Good luck

Before spending 40k on a truck I’d always do my homework.
I’ve got a 40k+ 2018 OffRoad with premium and tech packages. I love my truck. I have had two of the third gen Tacomas.
Give the truck a chance. Break the motor in. There’s multiple threads online complaining of the Atkinson motor.
Give it time to let the ECU learning do its job.

Also, if you hate the truck that bad you can trade it in without taking a huge loss. The Tacoma maintains its value like no other.

Before spending 40k on a truck I’d always do my homework.
I’ve got a 40k+ 2018 OffRoad with premium and tech packages. I love my truck. I have had two of the third gen Tacomas.
Give the truck a chance. Break the motor in. There’s multiple threads online complaining of the Atkinson motor.
Give it time to let the ECU learning do its job.

I will try to be patient just wish the dealership would have explained this before I freaked out

Back