AUTO LOCKING DOORS

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by lugnut, Sep 24, 2016.

1. lugnut

lugnut New Member

How difficult would it be to make the doors lock automatically when the car its put in gear? I would like to have this happen for safety reasons. I have a 2015 TRD extended cab. Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Not possible with the OEM keyless entry. You need the upgraded alarm function or an aftermarket alarm.

The upgraded alarm can be programmed by thr dealer to lock in gear.

4. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

....mine did that stock before i got a real alarm.

5. whippersnapper02

Did your horn honk with key fob commands?

6. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Yessir

7. whippersnapper02

RS3200 alarm upgrade. Plain Jane keyless just unlocked and locked your doors with the fob. Nothing auto about it except the auto lock after 30 seconds of unlocking and no doors opened.

8. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

I could kick the trucks tires, smack the fender, and no noise.
    I even left a window down, pushed fob to lock door... then reached in and opened the door with no beeping.

Did this with both sides.

It wasnt a sensor issue as the pressure switch activated the dome light and the door open light on the dash operated as it should.

9. whippersnapper02

As far as I know beeping meant nothing and horn meant alarm. It may have been different on the ealier years.

10. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

But the doors locking in gear?

Yet no alarm sounds when doors opened while armed/locked?

11. whippersnapper02

Idk then. Just another thing Toyota sucks at.