Auto Writers Gush Over New Ford Ranger

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Tacoma Dad, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Like this! Screenshot_2019-01-02-13-12-47~2.png

Scott Wyman, B-Man and Crawdad like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. oconnor

oconnor Active Member

I was looking at older (90's) Rangers a couple years ago just to have a beater for hauling recycling or loaning to family/friends. Everything I looked at was junk and/or gutless and sloppy. Ran across my '97 Taco for a song and even beaten it was an order of magnitude better built than the Rangers I had looked at. When I was looking to buy new last year I couldn't shake that experience.

Cape taco likes this.
  4. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I like that don't loan out your good truck! LoL get a beater your brother -in -law can borrow lmao!

oconnor likes this.
  5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

My '70 Sport that I still have back home at Dad's. It's about 12 different trucks in 1. Haha.
    Most of it's life I ran a 91 model 5.o roller and the Mazda 5 speed OD from an 80 something f150. (And averaged 19 mpg driving 110 miles per day a couple years ago in Louisiana!) Had 70's twin I beams with disks and an early 60's reared because it was narrower and made the 10's on back even with the 7's on front looking down the side.
    The cab and bed are from the same truck but doors fenders and everything else are from other trucks. Love that old thing, built it as a teenager. It's been good to me but I signed it over to dad too. 20190102_120542.jpeg

6. LiplessSoul

LiplessSoul Member

When forking over 30k for a vehicle, I prefer to keep the odds in my favor. I got the wife a Sequoia, me a Taco and my kids drive the leftover 4runner. Mic drop.

7. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

IMG_1450.jpg

B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  8. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Well said

9. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I saw on msn that you have to take the front left tire off and pull down the wheel well cover to get to the oil filter. That would be a pain

B-Man, Crawdad and texasred like this.
  10. texasred

V8 Monza from mid-70s. Number 8 plug change.
    Step1: remove right motor mount
    Step2: using floor jack, pivot motor 30 degrees to the left
    You can probably guess the rest of the story including multiple broken plug tips.

Not my car, but provided many hours of humor in the neighborhood.

B-Man and pastafazoo like this.
  11. texasred

Reminds me of a J##p CJ-5/Ch#vy 400/400 mating that a neighbor in Idaho had. He just flat drilled holes in the fender well and dropped both front tires to get to the plugs!

B-Man and Crawdad like this.
  12. Crawdad

Geez... and I was a tad disappointed that the canister on the turd gen was a little harder to get to than the filter on the 4.0... haha

texasred and B-Man like this.
  13. n7narcosis

n7narcosis Well-Known Member

14. Crawdad

You beat me! I was just about to post this! Haha!

.3 mpg better and 5 seconds faster isn't very impressive for all the hype...

JonRod, OR17TRD, B-Man and 2 others like this.
  15. oconnor

oconnor Active Member

Don't forget 10 Gallon Hat saying he didn't fit in the Tacoma. :rolleyes:

OR17TRD, B-Man, texasred and 2 others like this.
  16. Crawdad

I'm 5'7", I don't have those problems or a sunroof or pay any attention to the whiners, shouldn't have used one with the sunroof. Lol

17. oconnor

oconnor Active Member

I'm 6'1" and no problems but no sunroof and I'm not a cowboy.

18. n7narcosis

All this Ford R&D to build a truck, that from a mechanical standpoint, is no better.

Fancy gadgets, looks boring and shiny plastic, and will no doubt spend a lot of time with the dealer... I knew I had nothing to worry about.

I'll be honest though, the new Gladiator looks impressive!

19. n7narcosis

The new Ranger... bedazzledhead_1e.jpeg

OR17TRD, B-Man and texasred like this.
  20. Crawdad

Agreed. The Ranger looks a decade old already in my opinion, inside and out.

The Gladiator looks to be the real competition with clearance, add-ons, room for large tires with a small lift, the back seat is pretty awesome... but it's still a Jeep and pretty long honestly.

21. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Cape taco, OR17TRD, Lil G and 4 others like this.