Back up light

Someone instal back up light without back rack ?

or someone with a good idea?
I've seen some guys put the rigid leds in their bumpers. I'm guessing they cut a hole and mount the lights. Looks good. Flush mounted and wires tucked away. Something to think about

I've seen some guys put the rigid leds in their bumpers. I'm guessing they cut a hole and mount the lights. Looks good. Flush mounted and wires tucked away. Something to think about

I do not really like the idea of cutting my bumper . One flush mount in each corner must be cool

My dad on his gmc used long hose clamps to go around the square tube of the hitch receiver and ran it through the bracket for the light, but I have a steel bumper so I don't know if the receiver on the tacos are low enough with a stock bumper, for the wires you could just run them through the tube and drill a hole over each light, if you do this, use stainless steel hose clamps... Well worth the money, they won't break if you crank down on it and they don't rust...

Here is what I did to solve the problem. These are 18w Cree LED's and the 12" wire that comes off these lights is the perfect length to reach the tail light assembly on each side. It did require drilling a hole in the plastic bumper cap. I got these on Amazon and only cost about $55.00 for the pair. They are extremely bright and make backing up in the dark so much easier.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1434888814.976361.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1434888833.513839.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1434888851.843812.jpg

Last edited:
Get the brightest LEDs you can find for reverse lights...carid.com or superbrightleds.com.. Look for the highest lumen bulb, probable around 25-30 bucks apiece

Back