Basic ass sr I4

No reason for post. I’m just saying I love my basic ass Tacoma sr I4. I put some little things like Tacoma lettering on tailgate and steps on it. Other than that it’s bone stock. I’ll keep it that way and get 300k out of it. Anyone else just happy with the basic stock Tacoma lol.
hey man does your truck have any vibrations while in idle?

Not one. I have 15k on it and haven’t had any issues at all.
Damn man i im about to have 15k and have vibrations like crazy lol took it to the dealership today and they said it was normal for 4 cylinders. It usually vibrates when its idling, put it in reverse and when stopping at a red light. It doesnt vibrate when its in neutral or when i am driving down the road.

Damn man i im about to have 15k and have vibrations like crazy lol took it to the dealership today and they said it was normal for 4 cylinders. It usually vibrates when its idling, put it in reverse and when stopping at a red light. It doesnt vibrate when its in neutral or when i am driving down the road.[/

Damn man i im about to have 15k and have vibrations like crazy lol took it to the dealership today and they said it was normal for 4 cylinders. It usually vibrates when its idling, put it in reverse and when stopping at a red light. It doesnt vibrate when its in neutral or when i am driving down the road.

I would get a second opinion.

Mine is a stock SR5 V6 Access with only running boards and tailgate lettering. There are a couple of things that I plan to do over the years but for the most part, it will remain as is. One thing will be a bed cover. Right now, I’m thinking I’ll go with the Diamondback cover.
IMG_1935.jpg

Yeah youre right. Sometimes i think its the spacer that i got installed but idk.

Are you talking about spacers for the lift? If so, they wouldn’t cause the truck to have vibrations when idling. It could cause vibrations while driving. I’d have someone else check the truck, definitely another Toyota dealership. I had a car several years ago that had a vibration like that. It ended up being the transmission was going.

Are you talking about spacers for the lift? If so, they wouldn’t cause the truck to have vibrations when idling. It could cause vibrations while driving. I’d have someone else check the truck, definitely another Toyota dealership. I had a car several years ago that had a vibration like that. It ended up being the transmission was going.
yeah a 2 inch spacer from rough country. yeah this is the second time that i go to the dealership where i bought it and they said the same thing. said that 2.7 engines vibrate because theres no noise cancelling stuff (dont remember the name of what he said lol) around the engine. it would of been better if they drove it on the street to check it out but i guess that wasnt their plan

Man you should go in there and talk to the service manager and have him ride with you. Hopefully it is normal for the 2.7 to do that.

Love my 2wd i4 sr. Put the 17.99 spartan seven letters on tailgate and they're nice and still on after about 7 car washes. Running boards and tonneau cover...think i'm content....for awhile[emoji14]

My i4 does same thing. Even feels like it sputters when idling at speed. Took it to the dealer the day after i bought it thinking it was broke, but thats just the nature of the 4 cylinder mated with a 4 speed with 2 overdrives.(6speed tranny for fuel economy). Kinda feels like its kickin ya in the seat of the pants at times if your foots not in it. I learned to love it.
hey man does your truck have any vibrations while in idle?

My i4 does same thing. Even feels like it sputters when idling at speed. Took it to the dealer the day after i bought it thinking it was broke, but thats just the nature of the 4 cylinder mated with a 4 speed with 2 overdrives.(6speed tranny for fuel economy). Kinda feels like its kickin ya in the seat of the pants at times if your foots not in it. I learned to love it.
is it a 2018? yeah they said it doesnt have sound proof to eliminate any noises. i am starting to think that the engine ticking noise is whats causing the vibration because as soon as i hear the ticking noise, vibration starts.

is it a 2018? yeah they said it doesnt have sound proof to eliminate any noises. i am starting to think that the engine ticking noise is whats causing the vibration because as soon as i hear the ticking noise, vibration starts.
Its a 19....even under light acceleration at speed it feels kinda funky.(when im goin for good fuel mileage). Gotta stick your foot in it smooths out and then it just sounds like toyota forgot to put the muffler on it[emoji1787]

Its a 19....even under light acceleration at speed it feels kinda funky.(when im goin for good fuel mileage). Gotta stick your foot in it smooths out and then it just sounds like toyota forgot to put the muffler on it[emoji1787]
yup and the tranny feels like a manual lmao

Back