Battery chsnge, 2011 pre runner

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by ChrisCart, Dec 1, 2018.

1. ChrisCart

ChrisCart Member

Last time I changef battery and disconnected the old one, no computer reset issues. The truck was totally dead; key fob, didn't work, no dash lights, no nothing. It was an AC delco professional. Wasn't impressed. Bought a Sam's Duracell two years ago, I am taking it to sams today to have them test it. Seems to crank slower after sitting in garage overnight I work for Advance Auto Parts, tested it, and our tester said ig only had 440 amps. Some corrosion

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoBOB77

TacoBOB77 Well-Known Member

I wanna say my 06 Tacoma Prerunner is currently running at 14 amps and about 600? Something crank amps it's a ever start brand from Walmart and doing a great job so far so I'd say make sure battery acid levels are topped off bc the chemical reaction needed in battery needs to be happening properly have your battery charged for a good 3 to 4 hours you need way more juice in that battery if not replace it hope this helps you did not specify any specific question also check alterantor make sure that's charging

4. OP
    ChrisCart

ChrisCart Member

Well Sam's would not test or warranty my battery

5. OP
    ChrisCart

ChrisCart Member

Well My old battery was a Duracell 24F. Since I am no longer a Sams club member, they wouldn't even test it. I tested it, just wanted second opinion. Cleaned both terminals to bare metal. Cleaned Post also. I applied dialelectric grease. The fluid was good. Re-tested and got 700 cca's. I am happy

TacoBOB77 likes this.
  6. TacoBOB77

TacoBOB77 Well-Known Member

Glad that worked out

7. OP
    ChrisCart

ChrisCart Member

I was in the starter/altetnator business for 11 years. If I can give advice to anyone send me a question

TacoBOB77 and kp.taco like this.
  8. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Thanks. You will be a wealth of knowledge to people like me. . I appreciate you taking time out to help people

TacoBOB77, B-Man and kp.taco like this.