BDS 6" Drop bracket lift

Mcds Local Deluxe

Truck modding/lift is all brand new to me as this is my first truck, i'm just trying to understand how things work. BDS 6inch lift comes with 2.5" fox coilovers in the front, what other components contribute to achieve the remaining 3.5" inches of lift?

Truck modding/lift is all brand new to me as this is my first truck, i'm just trying to understand how things work. BDS 6inch lift comes with 2.5" fox coilovers in the front, what other components contribute to achieve the remaining 3.5" inches of lift?

2.5" is the piston size of the shock, not the lift amount. The lift comes from pushing the suspension down with the new spindles and crossmember drop bracket. Installing the drop bracket will require you to cut the front crossmember out of the truck which means you cannot return to stock easily should you decide to sell. They also reduce ground clearance.

As far as achieving the full 6 inches of lift, you simple add the spacers on top of the coilovers but you can get custom 6 inch lift shocks made so you don't have to use the spacers.

Back