Best place to order TRD Pro skid plate?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Jmb0351, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Jmb0351

Jmb0351 Member

Its for a 2016. Anyone know a method to paint or color in the TRD logo like the new skid plates?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

I THINK you can buy the new TRD logo separately and install it on your 2016 skid plate. It uses something like a half dozen holes to hold it in. At least that's how the TRD skid plate was for my 2018. IIRC the same skid plate fits all third generation trucks.

I bought mine for cheap from someone that insisted it didn't fit his truck. He had a 2018, just like mine. The skid plate fit my truck fine.

Sometimes a Toyota dealer offers % off coupons for parts bought at the dealer. Shipping is free to the dealer, saving you money. Shipping on the skid plate is the killer because of size and weight.

4. OP
    Jmb0351

Jmb0351 Member

Ok thanks!

stella103090 likes this.
  5. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Be aware that if you use the TRD front skid plate, aftermarket skid plates for the transfer case and transmission won't fit without modification

zolar likes this.
  6. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member