Best Tires

I think the next tire I will use are a set of those kumho crugen ht51tires. Seems this tacoma is so good in snow, and mud when in 4wd, I don't need really aggressive tires anymore, plus I'm sure these tires will produce less road noise.

Tire discussions typically follow the same path as "best" oil discussions.

I can say the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A on my truck are c-rap. So-so on dry pavement, marginal on everything else.

I have had very good service from Michelin tires. Two models, Michelin Commander II on my motorcycle and Defender LTX on the Chevy Trailblazer. They are not the least expensive. They have good life and good traction in all conditions of paved surfaces. Can't say for Off-road use,

When tire replacement time arrives.......I'll be going to Michelin rubber.

I had those michelins ltx's on my tundra, they were terrible in snow once they got some wear on them, plus they had no thread wear left after 35k miles. Imo, their cost just wasn't worth it. Only thing I could say is they balanced up well vs. other tires I've had.

I had Kuhmo Exsta's STX on my tundra loved them 285/60/18s on 8.5 moda rims 4.5 backspace 0 offset ! they bolted on my tacoma and didnt rub at all but i put them back on the tundra when i sold it shoulda held on to them. and put something else on it .1683857794372.png

Hey what size tires and rims do you think Toyota will put on the 2024 Tacoma Sport ? I'm really hoping they jump up from a 17 to an 18 inch rim. Thoughts ?

17" is plenty.

My '06 has 17" as stock. They ride nice and don't tax the gearing or the truck.

Heavier wheel and tire combo. Don't see the advantage for handling. Better looking is in the eye of the owner.
These 17"s look pretty good to me. ;):D DSCN0224.JPG

Remember the basic physics of auto suspension. Unsprung weight is not beneficial for agility or economy.

Now, if you're pushing a dump truck, then I can see a need for a bigger wheel/tire combo. Different performance needs.

FWIW. My truck looks good to me. Don't matter if others like how my truck looks or not.

Remember the basic physics of auto suspension. Unsprung weight is not beneficial for agility or economy.

Now, if you're pushing a dump truck, then I can see a need for a bigger wheel/tire combo. Different performance needs.

FWIW. My truck looks good to me. Don't matter if others like how my truck looks or not.
I get that. But I want that "pop" with an 18 inch wheel on a 2024 Tacoma Sport straight from the factory. Yes it's already on the Tacoma Limited but I want mine on a Sport straight from the factory.

Another thing to consider. Larger wheel/tire take more power to move down the road. Engines are getting smaller with less displacement......meaning the power is becoming less.

You might be wishing for a truck that looks good, but is unable to get out of its own way. Yugo acceleration with good looks. :D :D :D :D

Another thing to consider. Larger wheel/tire take more power to move down the road. Engines are getting smaller with less displacement......meaning the power is becoming less.

You might be wishing for a truck that looks good, but is unable to get out of its own way. Yugo acceleration with good looks. :D :D :D :D
Wanna bet ? The 2024 Tacoma will be powered by a 4-banger turbo charged motor. I promise you the Engineers that work for Toyota know a lot more about engine displacement more than you and I put together…. My money's on the Engineers and i will have a hot-shi* Tacoma sitting in my driveway very soon. Preferably in VooDooBlue.

Yeppers......nuthin' more satisfying than turbo lag. Step on the throttle, the engine says "Hunh, oh yeah.", then the power comes on.

I am an engineer, be careful about assuming my knowledge regarding engines.

Engines are getting smaller with less displacement. That is why Turbos are being hung on the engine.....to make up for the lost power.
I'm sure the Toyota engineers will be able to make up the difference in power due to less displacement. The down side is maintenance, turbo lag and more complex engine.

WE have a turbo on a 1.8 L engine in a 2019 car......it is a pooch. Can't hardly get out of its own way. Step on the GO! peddle and it aint ready for a few seconds. Seems like an eternity in a push situation.

More kudos to you for choosing that path. I'm sure it will look good. Please keep up with the recommended oil change interval. DON'T extend it. Turbos have a tendency to be extremely tough on oil.

Back