Big day to install a luxury.

Rock62

Tomorrow, I'll be removing the ol' OEM headunit. Its was a pretty high end unit in its day. Now, the 6 CD deck has confiscated 2 CDs and won't return them. FM1 group is non-functional and FM2 has 2 channels. Won't even talk about the AM batch.

The new unit is a Kenwood DMX8709S. This should match nicely with the speakers that were installed 2 years ago, Pioneer 6x9 component up front with 6 3/4-3ways in the back.

One thing baffles me about this unit. It has a GPS antenna, but the manual has no claims or details on using the GPS. So, what is the purpose of the GPS antenna? Should I start wearing my tin foil hat when using this unit?

Open for suggestions on free music downloads. Prefer classic rock. Need to load up a USB drive with tunes.

Gps on these later trucks as what I have will only operate with a phone connected. I have the shark fin antenna on my trucks roof. The head unit also does a few other things besides just a radio. You can get apple play, and xm radio if you subscribe. It has this alexis bs also, but could care less about any of that stuff....I never use any of it.

Tomorrow, I'll be removing the ol' OEM headunit. Its was a pretty high end unit in its day. Now, the 6 CD deck has confiscated 2 CDs and won't return them. FM1 group is non-functional and FM2 has 2 channels. Won't even talk about the AM batch.

The new unit is a Kenwood DMX8709S. This should match nicely with the speakers that were installed 2 years ago, Pioneer 6x9 component up front with 6 3/4-3ways in the back.

One thing baffles me about this unit. It has a GPS antenna, but the manual has no claims or details on using the GPS. So, what is the purpose of the GPS antenna? Should I start wearing my tin foil hat when using this unit?

Open for suggestions on free music downloads. Prefer classic rock. Need to load up a USB drive with tunes.
Maybe not free Rock but my oldest son pays $10.99 a month and he can have three others on the same account (me and his two bros). We kick in what we can and the playlists are unlimited and unbelievable, including classic rock. Just my 2¢.

While operating on the public roads here, anytime you use a white light of any type shinning in reverse, it's illegal, This is a distraction/interference to over drivers following you. They must be covered. Thats the law here in connecticut, and I would guess states elsewhere you drive.

. I just installed an LED strobe light on top of the shark fin antenna on my 2015 Tacoma TRD sports. It's a fancy look specially at night and one of a kind.

Strobe lights are typically on school buses.

So, you gonna paint it yellow with black stripes and hang a Stop sign on the left side????

or i suppose it could be for the dark morning and/or dark evening during the winter to let others know in a dark neighborhood

Back