Brake Pad Replacement Problem

New brake pads generally do take a couple days to get the gloss burned off and kind of “wear to fit.” Since they were installed with your old rotors first, and a sticky caliper, they may have started to wear a little funny. I personally wouldn’t worry about exchanging the pads, just give it a few days and you’ll most likely start noticing everything starts to get a little smoother and actually start stopping better. For future reference, ALWAYS clean new rotors with something to cut the protective layer of oil. No need to worry about it now, it’ll burn off soon. Def change that kinky brake line though.

Thanks for the input Crawdad. It seems to be getting better as the brake pads wear down. I'm not going to worry about it too much since I can stop fairly quickly, just feels like I'm stopping on a rumble strip lol.

Well guys I have finally have this problem solved! Turns out the U joints on the drive shaft were binding. I lubed er up with some SeaFoam Deep Creep and it rides like new! Just thought I would share.

Will

Back