Brake pads What do you use?

Initial bite is much better but I'm sure that's mostly the pad. Other than that it still doesn't stop like a 911.:rolleyes: Noise got bad after wheeling at Azusa so I took everything apart for cleaning. It isn't bad but under moderate braking it sounds like metal to metal.

They are really noisy when AFAP is working. I almost got sited for noise pollution.:D

Last edited:
If you can find Akebono in the aftermarket they are the OEM Supplyer for Second Gen tacomas. I have not needed to replace brakes on my truck yet.

If you can find Akebono in the aftermarket they are the OEM Supplyer for Second Gen tacomas. I have not needed to replace brakes on my truck yet.

Finally finally replace my rear shoes for the first time at close to 70k on the odometer. not bad considering the thousands of miles I have under the belt while on the trail and towing the rock crawler. The fronts were replaced back in July but I can't remember the milage. Replaced with OEM pads and shoes

I threw on a set of raybestos pads about 15k ago. Truck stops great no problems what so ever.

Currently still sporting the OEM ones from the factory. When I had the front tires off, they still had plenty of meat on them. Having a 6 speed I don't use the brake as much so should last quite a while. I downshift alot to use engine as a brake. Also mostly highway driving. Not sure what the back ones look like didn't check. But have no problem stopping & makes no noise.

Also in my PreRunner they lasted till about 70k in rear and started making a odd clanking noise which ended up being the rear brakes needing new pads. Front's were ok, that truck was an automatic.

Wagner ThermoQuiet or a high-quality ceramic brake pad is all I recommend if you're not going OEM

Pad slapped mine with Wagner ThermoQuiet without turning the rotors since I had no pulsing and they were in spec not a single squeak or shake since next best thing to o.e.m ask any tech they agree people seems to buy marketing gimmicks for brakes/batterys/oil.... just sayin

I did fronts today,OEM again !!!60% worn ,backs are like new,just a cleaning and lube!Full Brake Fluid Flush!

Back