Bumper rot

Jaydub

Hey guys any one have any tips on how i can avoid the chrome rear bumper from rotting out over time? Just picked up a new tacoma and the only problem with my last one was the rear bumper rotted from the inside out. All the water dirt snow and sand gets up in there and rots over time. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on what i can coat the inside with to slow this down. Thanks for any help

Every spring I roll around on a creeper and thoroughly rinse the undercarriage of my trucks. Seems to help alot. You could coat the inside of the bumper with a product called "Fluid Film."

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."

I just got a 2007 Tacoma a few months ago. The rear chrome bumper had a few marks and small dents which I didn't like the look of. So I bought "Bumpershellz" from Ecoological, not quite the same color white as the truck but close enough. It was a little tricky putting them on but I've noticed the steel bumper itself is very thin and rusted on the back. So I have a feeling I'm going to have to replace the bumper in the next year or so anyway. Probably shouldn't have installed the new cover on the old bumper.

I just got a 2007 Tacoma a few months ago. The rear chrome bumper had a few marks and small dents which I didn't like the look of. So I bought "Bumpershellz" from Ecoological, not quite the same color white as the truck but close enough. It was a little tricky putting them on but I've noticed the steel bumper itself is very thin and rusted on the back. So I have a feeling I'm going to have to replace the bumper in the next year or so anyway. Probably shouldn't have installed the new cover on the old bumper.
Our rear bumper is crap anyhow, they flex pretty easy. Look at it as a chance to get a nice plate bumper.

Post some pics of the bumpers
I'll post a few pictures tomorrow. It looks great, I'm very happy with it.

I'll post as soon as I figure out how to do it. For some reason I can't get the pictures off my phone and on to my PC. (the marvels of computer technology)

Last edited:
I'm a newbie but my 2008 taco is my 2nd. I purchased new Chinese bumper from auction site then had local bed liner joint spray. think I have less then $200 in the deal. Old bumper was shot!
3e073357a117b79f7b836be7a700866d.jpg
50d9f4b65d28ebe9d14f5ff52f8aa3f3.jpg

Back