Bumper

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by calebfulmer, May 9, 2016.

1. calebfulmer

calebfulmer Member

I just bought a 2011 Tacoma trd. I have a 92 sr5 as my play truck and it is a good one. I want some help on buying a bumper for the newer truck. Looking for a nice front bumper that looks good and covers most of the grille atleast half. Looking to only spend 1200 at most. Any ideas?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. johng813

johng813 Well-Known Member

4. johng813

I would get a 3-4 in lift if you get this bumper, if get this bumper with stock height it will look weird.

5. OP
    calebfulmer

calebfulmer Member

Thank you. Yes I want a 3 or so inch lift my other yota has a 4"lift on it. What brand lift do you think is best for the newer one

johng813 likes this.
  6. johng813

It all depends on your budget honestly. Personally I would go with an icon lift kit. Or if budgets are limited I'd go with a 4 in lift, which I'll post in a sec...

7. johng813

8. johng813

9. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

This is the one to buy if your budget isn't an issue! ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462866656.395595.jpg
    It comes with Adjustable Light Racing UCA's .

10. OP
    calebfulmer

calebfulmer Member

Yea those are what I'm looking for I do like the 3-4" lift area. Definitely not looking for anything more than 4.

11. johng813

The old man emu is nice but I personally don't think they're better than icons.

12. johng813

Look up icon stage 5 lift kit. That thing is literally unbeatable, it's basically a mid travel kit ready to bomb the desert, the one I sent you was only a stage 3 lift.

13. silverpataco

On a horse with no name?

14. johng813

A horse?

15. silverpataco

"Been through the desert on a horse with no name it felt good to be out of the rain "is a lyrical line in an old song even for my old ass. I don't know how old you are ,you might have gotten it.

16. johng813

I'm 19 haha

17. OP
    calebfulmer

calebfulmer Member

I am 19 also

18. johng813

Well welcome to the poor college kid club lol. I have that 4 in tuff country lift on my truck at the moment haha, because it is all I could afford.

19. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

Lmao. Do I need to star calling you Neil. Oh crap. Just showed my age there.

20. PinkTaco

PinkTaco Well-Known Member

Thought i was the only one who caught that lol

21. hanswdeuce

hanswdeuce Active Member

Unless you go with an icon stage 7 lift.