Buzzing noise

shag

It has happened 3 times now when I stop engine and go in the house and go back out to the garage there has been a buzzing noise coming from underneath the truck. If I turn the key on it stops. Just got a knee replacement so I can't get underneath but it sounds like it is coming from fuel tank area . Truck is 2021, V6, 4x4. Any ideas? Thanks

Could be anything like a noisy fuel pump. Hard to make a guess without hearing the truck. I've got a 2020 4x4 v6 auto. No buzz from it that I can hear.

It has happened 3 times now when I stop engine and go in the house and go back out to the garage there has been a buzzing noise coming from underneath the truck. If I turn the key on it stops. Just got a knee replacement so I can't get underneath but it sounds like it is coming from fuel tank area . Truck is 2021, V6, 4x4. Any ideas? Thanks
Normal EVAP test that occurs a couple of hours after shutting off. Details are in the manual.

My taco never has made any of those noises. Ive been near the truck working in the yard after a trip. When I shut it off, its silent till the next time I start it.

What year Tacoma Taco? All I know is that mine does an intermittant evap system leakdown test. It also runs the "pump" when the truck is shut down to evacuate the system. Maybe California is different, but I doubt it.

What year Tacoma Taco? All I know is that mine does an intermittant evap system leakdown test. It also runs the "pump" when the truck is shut down to evacuate the system. Maybe California is different, but I doubt it.
It's a 2020 sr5 v6

It's a 2020 sr5 v6
If you're still in doubt, this is from page 171 of the owners manual pdf
■When turning off the engine
The emission system operating sounds may continue for a short time after
the engine is turned off. This is not a malfunction, and helps to ensure optimal
performance of the emission system.

Well I rotated my tires the other day after running a bank errand,,,had to be over 1/2 hr working on the truck once I returned. I only heard the heat shields cooling off.

Ive notices mine doing this a few times. Mine is a '16

Back