Camper for short bed taco.

JASN

So were looking for something in a camper for our 2014 taco found one place in Wyoming that makes them there quite expensive so I'm reaching out to the forum to get some ideas for small pull along or a camper to put on the bed of the truck.

So were looking for something in a camper for our 2014 taco found one place in Wyoming that makes them there quite expensive so I'm reaching out to the forum to get some ideas for small pull along or a camper to put on the bed of the truck.
A camper camper, not a shell right?

Do u have stock suspension?
Because the oem suspension is weak as hell.
I mean the trucks rated for approx 1000lbs depending on your configuration, and this includes all passengers and anything in the cab.

That said, the truck has weak leafpacks to start and will squat and bottom out with only a few hundred lbs in the back.

If ur stock, id look into weights of campers and upgrade the leafpacks and shocks to help it carry its RATED capacity. This wont increase its capacity as more goes into this than just leafpacks.... but it will carry its rated capacity BETTER.

Yes it's still all stock suspension and only a 1000lbs that's stinks literally I'm sure I've carried more than that already but ya a camper camper. View attachment 18890

Yeah ive had 2200 in the bed (pavers) 1 time.... stupid and i shoulda mathed before i volunteered to help. Add in my 250lbs, dads 230ish, a toolbox and tools, plus some bolted on weight of about 300lbs.
Welcome to tacoma

It looks like you have met bumpstop already

On the slight dips in the interstate mine hits the bump stops with 800lbs in the bed. And that's with Toyota's crappy new recall leaf pack. I didn't buy the truck to haul so no big deal though..

On the slight dips in the interstate mine hits the bump stops with 800lbs in the bed. And that's with Toyota's crappy new recall leaf pack. I didn't buy the truck to haul so no big deal though..
Progressive aal, and superbumps makes a decent bandaid

Be interested in this. I did put dakars and 600lb coils on so my truck could handle the weight. Some pricey stuff out there.

Back