Camping

tacomawv

Does anybody have any trips planned for the summer. If so share. It my motivate somebody else to get out under the stars.

I've got a 3 day weekend scheduled July 19~21 with camping at a county lake (free) the 19th with a co worker so he can fish that night and the next night at a wheeling event (free camping deal & food) in SE Kansas. It's their 10th yr anniversary for being open. $15 per vehicle to get in, all day trail runs and night runs till midnight. 2 live bands, big cookout. Sounded like fun so asked a friend to spot me, told him he can fish at a new lake the night before. He's big on fishing & hunting. Be a nice get away, he has camp gear, I have camp gear so heading down early the 19th. Gates open at 8am on the 20th. Head back the 21st. About a 400 mile roundtrip. Also meeting up with 3 guys (so far) from tacomaworld who are going to the event. The event is listed on the calendar here in the forum for July 20th.

Thinking about doing a fishing / camping trip to lake moo maw in va. Has anybody been there before. If so any info would be great.

Working til midnight...home for a SHORT nap...up at 4am...and out the door for a camping trip with a LOT of EXPO'rs. Taking the slow and fun roads to Mormon Lake (near Flagstaff) to the Overland Expo.

Plan to camp somewhere north of Lake Pleasant THU night. After that I got no plans on where I'll set up camp. NOT gonna camp at the crowded EXPO grounds...gonna find some isolation in the forest...must me and my honey.

In August...I'm heading to the Sierra Nevada Range in CA to climb some 14ers. Who knows what I'll do on my off weekends. I tend to get out and camp every chance I get.

Just booked a weekend trip to lake moo maw in Virginia Going June the 14. Has anybody been there.

Takin a camping trip in the kettle moraine Wisconsin sometime in the spring. It's my best friends bachelor party so there will be lots of booze involved.

I wheel out to a beach every chance I get

nothing beats seeing the stars and falling asleep to the sounds of waves

I wheel out to a beach every chance I get

nothing beats seeing the stars and falling asleep to the sounds of waves

Nothing beats camping on the beach! Been to Cape Lookout Point just west of Portland, Oregon yrs ago & spent 2 weeks on North Captiva Island (private island) just off of Fort Myers, Florida (gulf side) with the ex-misses in 2002. Glad we had several beach towels for the adult fun we had on the beach at night. There's places where you don't want sand to end up at.
drool.gif
:whistling2:

I've got a 3 day weekend scheduled July 19~21 with camping at a county lake (free) the 19th with a co worker so he can fish that night and the next night at a wheeling event (free camping deal & food) in SE Kansas. It's their 10th yr anniversary for being open. $15 per vehicle to get in, all day trail runs and night runs till midnight. 2 live bands, big cookout. Sounded like fun so asked a friend to spot me, told him he can fish at a new lake the night before. He's big on fishing & hunting. Be a nice get away, he has camp gear, I have camp gear so heading down early the 19th. Gates open at 8am on the 20th. Head back the 21st. About a 400 mile roundtrip. Also meeting up with 3 guys (so far) from tacomaworld who are going to the event. The event is listed on the calendar here in the forum for July 20th.

Hey byrd how bout takin some pics of the event to share on the forum

Back