Car for the kids

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cranito4to, May 14, 2018.

1. OP
    cranito4to

cranito4to Well-Known Member

They are 16, little late for that.

B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Just saying for those with Kids younger than 10. Something to think about.

4. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

And then when they out save you; what do you say? Gotta keep your word lol

5. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

Yep, then they deserved it by showing me they can save that much. Lol

Bogunn and lcarrasco212 like this.
  6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Haaaa!! Now they know everything and you're taking 'stupid pills'! LOL The wifee and I took those 'stupid pills' for years too........then one day our boy said he understood why we were thinking the way we were! LMAO

cranito4to likes this.
  7. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

My parents get smarter every day. I’m 40 they were so dumb twenty years ago

Crawdad, Bogunn, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

:D

cranito4to likes this.
  9. OP
    cranito4to

Yep they always ask me for my opinion I told them and they are like IDK so I end up telling do what you think is right but I would do the way I told you. A few days after they come back with their tale between the legs you were right dad. If they don't like my answer when they are asking for permission for something, they always come back with but why, I'm like one they you will understand.

B-Man and Lil G like this.
  10. OP
    cranito4to

Isn't smart it is wisdom of a life longer than yours.

B-Man, Bogunn and Lil G like this.
  11. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Experience of making mistakes leads to wisdom. We go through our own mistakes to learn our own wisdom.

B-Man and cranito4to like this.
  12. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Well said!

cranito4to likes this.
  13. pondman

pondman Well-Known Member

2500 was my limit when your kids learn to cut the grass # not smoke it, plus it gives them negotiating skills they will use for the rest of their Life, rather than Gimme Gimme I want !
    My mom said you want it? You maintain it ! That begun my career as a Nascar Mechanic....

cranito4to likes this.
  14. OP
    cranito4to

That right there is the reason why I am looking for a car for them.I don't think so but if they smoke it , what do you want me to do, my concern is good manners, good grades, hard workers, and helpful around the house and they have all of the above. $2500 you could buy a car like 10 years ago maybe 5, with that amount now all you can get is crap metal and mechanical headache. Highschool kids and at the same time part-time job, that mean not a lot a money so why would I want my kids to have a headache when I can get something more reliable that isn't going to break every other day. I am not asking here how to raise my kids or how much should I spend on buying them a car.

Bogunn, Lil G and pondman like this.
  15. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Watch out for the devil's lettuce!
    My very first vehicle was a 1980 F100 that I had to rebuild the straight 6 to make road worthy. Dad and I were on the same page for my first vehicle, picked up a nice looking old truck that needed work.
    Oh how the times have changed.

Bogunn and cranito4to like this.