Carplay

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Tacosurf, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Tacosurf

Tacosurf Well-Known Member

So I don't use Bluetooth for my CarPlay but actually plug into the USB port in the vehicle. Randomly it just disconnects and then reconnects itself. Anybody else have these problems or do I need to talk to the dealer?

B.C. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. New2018TacomaBlue

New2018TacomaBlue Active Member

Do you have a 2020 Taco with CarPlay or an aftermarket head unit? I have a 2018 Taco and had a Pioneer head unit installed and mine does that sometimes. I went to the car audio store that installed it and they weren’t sure what the cause was. They asked if I had tried different cables to attach the phone, and I had, they thought maybe a firmware update might fix it. I didn’t look into that and just used Bluetooth for a long time. Started plugging the phone in two weeks ago and it hasn’t disconnected and reconnected like it used to. Maybe an Apple update fixed it, I have no idea. Sure was annoying though.