Check charging system

warakesTaco

I have a 2017 TRD sport and could not start my truck. Says check charging system. Hoping it’s not the alternator but how can the battery be dead already? Truck only had 22K miles on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

I’ll put this here too...

Toyota OEM batteries are known for going out early. Not uncommon. Should still be under warranty. Might be able to get a new one covered from your dealer if you ask nice. You should be able to use the road side service on the 3yr 36k Mile warranty to get towed to the dealer and let them fix it.

That's a message from your too much information screen because the alternator isn't running because the engine isn't running. I'd have the battery tested.

I just had trouble starting my 2017 bike, after rewiring the tail lights. I hooked up a mobile jump starter thing and it started right up. I was at the shop a few months ago and they told me the battery needed replaced, free under warranty, but I've never had a starting problem prior. I hope they aren't screwing with me. They said the 2 year warranty starts all over with the "new" battery".

Back