Chrome Bumper

g_chandler85

I love everything about my Tacoma!... Except the chrome back bumper and chrome grill surrounding since nothing else on the truck is chrome.

Anyways, what is the best way to go about replacing them or painting them? I've thought about plasti dip but I want something more durable.

Any suggestions?

Wow...I was thinking the same thing with my 08. My plan is to powder coat them. I am not too familiar with plasti dip or its durability. I plan to do the same for the stock wheels. I like the wheels, just not the color.

Wow...I was thinking the same thing with my 08. My plan is to powder coat them. I am not too familiar with plasti dip or its durability. I plan to do the same for the stock wheels. I like the wheels, just not the color.
Its pretty durable stuff

I was thinking maybe just swap with a bumper from a lower-base model because they have the all black accents. Since it's more of a base model option does that mean it's not as durable or something? Not sure why chrome was the go-to

I was thinking maybe just swap with a bumper from a lower-base model because they have the all black accents. Since it's more of a base model option does that mean it's not as durable or something? Not sure why chrome was the go-to
No. Chrome is one of those extra perks with the pkg. same bumper. Either you have the tow pkg or you don't. And that has nothing to do with the bumper

Ya but Texas heat ruins it pretty quickly. I love the idea of plasti dip but I'm trying to do it once and do it right rather than redoing it every year
Im in south fl i know all about the heat if you do it properly it will last as long as powdercoat

Rustoleum makes a product called "peelcoat" in my experience it's more durable than plasti dip. And I live in the Texas heat as well lol

Back