Clanking sound

jrct84

I have a 2014 tacoma with about 52.000 thousand miles.. and this loud clanking noise comes from my right front tire.... truck is bone stock... and I only hear it once I start driving a little then I don't hear it anymore any ideas?

Powertrain Coverage 60mo./60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel-drive system, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and airbags).
Maybe see what the dealer says. They should diagnose for free since it's still under warranty. Might not be covered but you can always take it somewhere else or fix it yourself after you know what it is.

its probably the front brake pads, they will make a CLACK sound the 1st time you apply the brakes on a takeoff, after that it usually will stop. this is a normal for these trucks it doesn't harm anything or cause damage, the CLACK noise gets your attention tho

heres a video this is a mild clack, sometimes it can be a lot more louder, when I changed out my front pads it went away for a while but has returned, I used OEM pads and new caliper pins,and an additional anti rattle spring on the top caliper pin but it hasn't stopped the clack, so I can live with it.

go over bumpy road............do constant speed of 30 or so and remember that speed.
note the noise

do this again while SLIGHTLY dragging the brakes.

noise stop?

pads floating, greased shims help

diagnosis cost.......... free

go over bumpy road............do constant speed of 30 or so and remember that speed.
note the noise

do this again while SLIGHTLY dragging the brakes.

noise stop?

pads floating, greased shims help

diagnosis cost.......... free
I had to read this 3 times to understand what the hell you where trying to say. Haha.

heres a video this is a mild clack, sometimes it can be a lot more louder, when I changed out my front pads it went away for a while but has returned, I used OEM pads and new caliper pins,and an additional anti rattle spring on the top caliper pin but it hasn't stopped the clack, so I can live with it.

I just tried what you did and it did the same exact thing! It's def not normal what do you think the issue is? And does it do harm?

Same as mine, did you find out what is that.

Back