Clicking sound when I turn.

andday

There is a clicking sound almost everytime i turn when I going forward and in reverse only under 5mph. Does anyone have a clue what might this be?

Sounds like the power steering pump. Check your fluid, if you notice foamy stuff floating at the top, you are going to need to change the pump out. Also make sure your power steering rack is not leaking anything.

Does it keep clicking while you're not still turning the wheel but holding it at the same angle? If CV joints are failing a simple test is to find an open parking lot, go to full lock and back up in a circle. Turn wheel to opposite side and back up again. If it keeps clicking while holding turn probably CV. If it's only when turning but stops when holding turn it might be power steering pump.

Dang, sorry guys. Just had a baby born and haven't had time to do anything. Getting back on subject. I notice the reservoir is above the low cold marker. That might be the problem. I'm thinking of just topping it off, would it be a problem if the fluid is a different color? I know it's atf dexron lll. I'm thinking of getting this one. Anyone have in put on this. I'm at 80k miles with a 13 tacoma

Attachments

• 1496771479060.jpg
    1496771479060.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 7
It might just be PS fluid in there if it doesn't smell like ATF or look like ATF. I would flush it if it hasn't been done and has 80k miles. If it's low check for leaks.
1. Warm up truck for ~15 minutes on level ground.
2. Shut truck off
3. Remove PS cap and suck out fluid with Oil Extracter or turkey baster.
4. Refill PS reservoir with new ATF Dextron III fluid to ~middle of cold/hot mark
5. Put PS cap back on and start engine move steering wheel back and forth Lock to lock for a few minutes, this will pump fluid through the system. Shut truck off.
6. Check PS fluid level and add more if needed.
7. Repeat step "5" hold at lock for a few seconds each turn.
8. Do this until fluid is just below hot full line and looks new.
9. Check after a day or so of driving and fill or remove fluid as needed.

My advice is when ever possible sleep when they sleep. They don't know you don't know so love the process and be patient. There is nothing like getting to know a brand new human. It's a special thing. Congrats again.

My advice is when ever possible sleep when they sleep. They don't know you don't know so love the process and be patient. There is nothing like getting to know a brand new human. It's a special thing. Congrats again.
Dude. I really appreciate the advice. It's hard to get in some sleep. Always cleaning. But I think I can get some sleep in when the dish cleaner is running lol

Back