Clunking noise turn left and right

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Jdtrd2017, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Jdtrd2017

Jdtrd2017 Member

After install lift leveling kit front 2 1/2 rear 1 1/5 anyone has problem like this.. how to find the problem.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

What leveling kit? Brand? Did you change the wheels and tires out as well?

4. longshore

longshore Well-Known Member

On my little jaunt last weekend, my 2013 popped and clunked more than it did before I installed my lift. Think that I'll check that the torque is correct. I keep hearing that "these trucks creak and pop", but that doesn't sound to reassuring...

Bojangles likes this.
  5. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Its a spacer, dont they all mount the same?

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Most are. The Revtek 40013 pro kit is not an above strut spacer. It incorporate a 1/4 inch top plate spacer which is common practice on front lifts. I have it on the 3rd gen off road I don't have any clunking noises when turning right or left.

7. Bojangles

these all look the same to me, am I missing something?
    I see a notch on the revteck......... otherwise, I dont see whats different, its a hockey puck with a lip right?

revtec
    [​IMG]

other
    [​IMG]

other
    [​IMG]
    other
    [​IMG]

8. Bojangles

ill admit, Im not well versed in spacers.......because, I dont want anything to do with them. I prefer my struts not to snap when used hard. Seen it a few times and just dont wanna chance it.

9. Bojangles

could it be the cv axles poppin?

10. OP
    Jdtrd2017

Jdtrd2017 Member

Yes i did! before 265/65/17 and now 265 70 17

shawnkc10fe likes this.
  11. Scuzzy

Scuzzy Well-Known Member

I know this sounds stupid, really stupid, but do you have an aftermarket front bumper? So...my story...

I built my bumper and had no issues for about 3 months. Then noticed a clunk in the front end. Checked it all out myself, replaced a few items (including both CV shafts) and still there. I had done the frame clearance cut, so I replaced the cab mounts for GP even though they looked fine. Still there. I pulled off the cheap skid guards...still there. Finally got pissed and took the front bumper off...gone. Noticed some fresh steel in the mounting holes, yet the bolts were tight. Since they are slotted, I filled in the excess space. No more clunk. The bumper was flexing with the frame when I turned hard or accelerated hard from a stop. So if you do have an aftermarket bumper, pull the bolts and check for wear, could be the same issue.

12. Tacoma06

Tacoma06 Well-Known Member

Check your control arms. They may be rubbing on shock spring.