Cold Air Intakes are they worth it

We seem to be getting a lot of covert advertising lately... even tho this is the exact intake I've been looking at buying but, with the dry filter, I don't need the place that I go for a brain break...( this forum) getting garbled up with sales pitches and advertising... pretty sure I'm gonna go with the AFE now... [emoji1787]
Sometimes good information get to be too much.

Covert advertising? You can simply look at my first post until my last and determine several things. I am new here. I was excited to share what I was doing with my truck and why so I could get feedback from other Toyota Tacoma Owners. As to my working status with the covert advertising remark, I have been retired since 1991 not by choice but because I am a disabled veteran. I had no idea my posts would be taken offensively or as covert advertising, my bad. This will be my last covert advertisement as I will close my account here. Peace.

Covert advertising? You can simply look at my first post until my last and determine several things. I am new here. I was excited to share what I was doing with my truck and why so I could get feedback from other Toyota Tacoma Owners. As to my working status with the covert advertising remark, I have been retired since 1991 not by choice but because I am a disabled veteran. I had no idea my posts would be taken offensively or as covert advertising, my bad. This will be my last covert advertisement as I will close my account here. Peace.
Man, and people say that millenials are sensitive and are triggered easily...
I'm trying very hard to believe you here but after going through your 20 previous posts I'm still uncertain...
I can see how you could be right but, can you understand my perspective as well?
How in a few days the forum was full of web pictures for just about everything one could want for a Tacoma with long flattering messages praising each of these products?
If what you said here is true, I truly apologize for triggering you and I greatly appreciate and thank you for your service.
If this is fake and you're using service as a cloak to "tuck tail and run," putting a shame factor on me, I wish you a long, slow, painful, lonely death.

This is just me personally but I like seeing what other people have done as far as mods. Not that I would do that to mine or even like some of them but still interested in them. I have my own opinions as to what I like as other people do also, sometimes money is the deciding factor as to what and how you do something. Either way if youre happy with what you got it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I agree we should all enjoy sharing info and posting mods. But Brad had an abundance of knowledge about his cai. Sounded alot like a salesman to me. I do thank him for his service.
[emoji2369]
I tried to right it if I was wrong... idk... still smells fishy... I love seeing people personalize and upgrade their trucks... Explaining why you chose one product over another is totally normal... I think "we seem to be getting a lot of covert advertising lately" was a fairly accurate statement and it wasn't just this username I was talking about but he took it so personally that maybe it all was him... lol

I agree we should all enjoy sharing info and posting mods. But Brad had an abundance of knowledge about his cai. Sounded alot like a salesman to me. I do thank him for his service.
Yeah, I get it. Its one thing to say I did this, cost this much, show a couple of picks, and let it go at that, not keep going on and on and on.

If he's not a salesman he's probably proposing to his cold air intake right this moment. My dad was a marine in vietnam and would never throw that crybaby thing out there over an internet post that hurt his feeling! Semper Fi

I installed this cai 2 days ago. Reason for purchase was because it looks so clean and I won a fairly sizeable gift card to 4wheel parts. Any performance or mpg gains would be marked as a bonus. The install was extremely easy and straight forward. Everything fit nice and snug how it should. I've driven roughly 100 miles since the install and haven't noticed any performance gains whatsoever. Driving normally (I do not have a heavy foot) I can't hear the intake at all but under heavy acceleration it growls nicely. However full throttle at high rpm changes into a rather annoying sound but that's literally the first time I've floored the truck since I bought it in February so not a problem for me. Overall I LOVE the way it looks and the window makes identifying a dirty filter a breeze. However if I were expecting an increase in performance I'd be upset that I spent money on it. Lucky for me it wasn't my money AND if anyone is interested 4wheel parts has 10% off $150 or more and it qualified for free shipping so the total was like $285 give or take some change.IMG_2294.jpg

Hey everyone,
Cold air intakes can work, I have seen them work, but its important to note they work differently on different vehicles depending on how the computer is set up from the factory. Some factory computers will adjust for them and in the end you get the same horsepower. But its a mod and if you like doing it, then do it, that's what I say. I installed a catch can in mine. Some people say its not necessary and some do so mixed opinions. Whatever you are comfortable with.

I'm not sure if I'm getting an actual answer here. Some think it's stupid some don't.
I have a 2023 Taco, and I'm trying to see which cold Air is the best. I'm looking at the Injen. It looks cool and get cold air from the factory inlet and from the grill. Almost forced air. Will this help with mpg and power?

So, I also have a Ram with the 6.7 Cummins. Yes I know min have the two best trucks. Lol. I have the banks monster RAM cold air intake. Improvement? Absolutely! Sounds better, more peppy, better mpg.

No I didn't do a control gas mileage test, but I always drive the same. I drive with a led foot. That Cummins is happiest at 15lbs of boost with a load. Even while towing my mileage kept increasing after the cold air intake.

Yes a diesel and a slowcoma are two different trucks, but can it make a noticeable difference. The Injen claims added HP and mpg. Anyone out their have the Injen and know with real world experience?

Your gen3 is basically a cold air intake already...just without more noise. Is more noise what you're looking for?, otherwise there's nothing to gain by going aftermarket, except a lighter wallet.

Back