Cold start 4 cyl

Flannel_Lover

Has any of the 2.7 2tr-FE guys had problems starting up this winter. Here in southern Indiana it's been In the negative/ single digits for the actuals.

Another question is, does anybody know of a oil pan heater that is cheap, but can stay on while driving so I don't have to crawl around in the snow? Thanks!

Flannel_Lover 2011 taco 2.7 sclb base model.

Look at the cranking amps. The higher the better. Google engine block heater. They aren't expensive. No need to have it on while you drive. Engine keeps the oil warm. Besides you plug it in to keep the block warm during the night.

Yea like demo said there will be a plug out the side if your car youll plug extension cord to so no crawling

Always get the highest CCA available for your vehicle. it's worth the few extra bucks. We have had alot of below 0 and steady cold weather. I never have an issue. Maybe try J.C Whitney, northern tool or maybe EBAY for the heater??

Look at the cranking amps. The higher the better. Google engine block heater. They aren't expensive. No need to have it on while you drive. Engine keeps the oil warm. Besides you plug it in to keep the block warm during the night.
Yea like demo said there will be a plug out the side if your car youll plug extension cord to so no crawling
Always get the highest CCA available for your vehicle. it's worth the few extra bucks. We have had alot of below 0 and steady cold weather. I never have an issue. Maybe try J.C Whitney, northern tool or maybe EBAY for the heater??

Thanks for the info. And pink taco and demo man, what I mean when I say leave it on while driving, I mean leave the device attached to the oil pan. I say this because I am looking at exterior adhesive style pads or blocks, sorry for the confusion. :)

Flannel_Lover 2011 taco 2.7 sclb base model.

Back