Colorado Trails???

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by Tacoma06, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Tacoma06

Tacoma06 Well-Known Member

I live in eagle county (Central Rocky Mountains) looking for some good Camping/ Off-Road Trails.

Any Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone,
    Tacoma06

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. catfish37

catfish37 Active Member

Not sure about your area. But go check out Ouray and Lake city area. Lots of good back roads in that area

4. taco cruiser

taco cruiser Well-Known Member

I live in Colorado Springs .. I usually hit old stage road it takes you all across to victor / cripple creak. Very nice view once you pass horse stables keep watching on right side will take you up to extreme crawl area and excellent camping areas. Some challenging trails. Up there but better have a lift installed before attempting . Not very forgiving ground up there.

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
    2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

5. Kenbow56

Kenbow56 New Member

Nice trails in San Isabel ntnl. Forest , up chalk creek road at town of Nathrop, Mt. Princeton, Mt. Antero area, off of 285/24 south of Buena Vista. Head west at Nathrop , plenty ruff knarly off roading. Beautiful scenery . Enjoy. Ken

taco cruiser likes this.
  6. OP
    Tacoma06

Nice. Thank you sir.

7. bbane

bbane New Member

Ouray and telluride have a bunch of fun high altitude trails. China wall is my all time favorite trail. Starts near lake tarryall

8. WEX

WEX Well-Known Member

I got ya buddy. I bought the NoCo version myself. Tons of good maps. Very detailed. Most roads aren't open until June or July though.
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1456118482.087770.jpg

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

9. Lots of good trails -- there are a number of them listed here :: http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php

Feel free to message if you ever want to hit some up - Old Flowers near Ft Collins is a fun starter trail with good views too :)

10. OP
    Tacoma06

Perfect. Thanks

11. LOKi

LOKi Member

If you want an epic route through Colorado check out the COBDR. It's a route for motorcycles so some sections that utilize ATV trails would need to be skipped but the majority is forest service roads and jeep trails. You can make a loop of it by heading west at the end to the top of the UTBDR doing the Utah version of the route south and connect the two in the 4 corners area.

12. Camren Harris

Camren Harris Well-Known Member

Do you know if they have this for Idaho??

13. WEX

WEX Well-Known Member

I couldn’t find anything for Idaho. I think these guys are local. They actually drive every trail they note in the books. Quite extensive to make.

I saw this for Idaho though. I think I’ll look up this app for Colorado.

https://www.alltrails.com/us/idaho/off-road-driving

14. Rkymtnlife

Rkymtnlife New Member

Georgia pass- continental devide 20170819_115756.jpg