Conventional Oil vs. Synthetic

Dutch

I have recently purchased my 2015 Tacoma, and now I am rolling up to 20K in mileage. Currently it has the conventional oil in the truck changed every 3k. Getting ready for an oil change this weekend, and was curious if I should upgrade to a synthetic oil and if so, what are the advantages?

Dutch

I have recently purchased my 2015 Tacoma, and now I am rolling up to 20K in mileage. Currently it has the conventional oil in the truck changed every 3k. Getting ready for an oil change this weekend, and was curious if I should upgrade to a synthetic oil and if so, what are the advantages?

Dutch
I use synthetic oil. I change it every 5k. I was told they come with synthetic from the dactory

Use any Major top tier name 100% Syntheic Oil , Mobil1,Amsoil, Penzoil Platinum, Penzoil Ultra Platinum, Royal Purple, Havoline, Sunoco ,Chevron, Quaker State,Red Line , Wolfs Head, and many more name brand 100% Full Synthetic Oil and change oil and filter every 5-6,000 miles Name brands synthetic filters!
Add a pint every 10,000-15,000 miles of Greased Lightning,TufOil,or Lucas Synthetic Oil Treatment,STP,with PTFE or similar.

Use any Major top tier name 100% Syntheic Oil , Mobil1,Amsoil, Penzoil Platinum, Penzoil Ultra Platinum, Royal Purple, Havoline, Sunoco ,Chevron, Quaker State,Red Line , Wolfs Head, and many more name brand 100% Full Synthetic Oil and change oil and filter every 5-6,000 miles Name brands synthetic filters!
Add a pint every 10,000-15,000 miles of Greased Lightning,TufOil,or Lucas Synthetic Oil Treatment,STP,with PTFE or similar.
Thank you very much...Like your truck...got the same one!

I use Mobil1 full synthetic and change my oil every 5k but I don't exceed 5500. I believe 6k would be the max miles reached if you had no spare time to change the oil. Does anybody here use a synthetic oil treatment on top of their synthetic oil? Just curious what is the advantage / disadvantage. To me it seems you would be adding just extra synthetic oil.

Oil changes depend on type of driving. If you do a lot of short stop and go, change oil every 5K. If you mainly drive on major highways, change every 7K. Any 100% synthetic is probably fine. Make sure you use the proper wt. The main thing is to change the oil when needed and replace the filter. My 2015 V6 requires synthetic so yours would too.

Both conventional and synthetic oil are good. Whatever you decide to use, just keep clean oil in the engine and follow the recommended oil change interval.

I have 1500 miles on mine never had the oil changed but I want to do mine I really want to use Mobil 1 I only really drive short trips. Is mobile 1 ok for the first oil change ?

I switched to Mobil1 at 500 miles after I bought my truck 1 1/2 weeks later ,I did it!
Synthetics ever since,Mobil1,Amsoil Signature Series , Pennzoil Ultra Platinum ever since and Only all synthetics for every oil,Fluids and Lubricants and additives as STP, Lucas, Lubrigard !!!for all and Coolant additives too ! They all WORK very ell ,using for 30 years !All my trucks,Bikes, and cars !

I switched to Mobil1 at 500 miles after I bought my truck 1 1/2 weeks later ,I did it!
Synthetics ever since,Mobil1,Amsoil Signature Series , Pennzoil Ultra Platinum ever since and Only all synthetics for every oil,Fluids and Lubricants and additives as STP, Lucas, Lubrigard !!!for all and Coolant additives too ! They all WORK very ell ,using for 30 years !All my trucks,Bikes, and cars !

I agree synthetics for almost every NEW vehicle but be careful to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for lubricants. OLDER vehicles may not gain from full synthetics but there are high mileage oils that are good for them. Usually a synthetic blend. Vehicles with solid lifters may require additives for cam and lifter wear protection. Always use the correct oil for your vehicle regardless what you may think is better. There is more to it than picking out a pretty or expensive oil.

Back