Cool phone holder

Forgot about this thread. If anyone's interested, I've since made my own dash mount for about...$12 in materials I think? It's super solid and I love it. Decided to use steel rather than aluminum for sturdiness. Aluminum probably would have worked fine, but I like knowing that I have steel there in case I decide to mount something really heavy. I still use a magnet mount for my phone so I can mount and unmount super fast (it doesn't budge). I plan to use a proper tablet mount in the center above my stereo touchscreen, just don't have it mounted yet. Although given how solid the single magnet mount is for my phone, I might just try a double magnet mount for my tablet so I can mount and unmount that quickly as well. You can't see the dash mount at all when driving or riding passenger, unless you lean forward and look in that gap in the dash. View attachment 22615View attachment 22616
Oh, an added bonus; I tapped/threaded the holes with 1/4-20 size threads, which is what nearly all camera mounts use, as well as the majority of RAM mounts and others. I noticed a similar dash mount for sale online that uses a specific size, almost forcing you to buy their proprietary mounts from their site to go with it. And for some random reason, they seem to overcharge for those mounts. Go figure...

I still need to write up the tutorial, I have pics if the entire DIY process. It was a step above beginner difficulty, but mostly just because of the powertools used. If you can use a jigsaw or a bandsaw (you can, trust me) then you can do this yourself. If anyone's interested, I'll try to remember to link to the tutorial once I finish writing it up.

I know this is an old thread; but we’re you ever able to make your tutorial?

I know this is an old thread; but we’re you ever able to make your tutorial?
Yea this.

Also I had a magnet phone mount and none of my wireless chargers would work with the metal in the case. Well actuallu they would if I moved the magnet near the top of the phone. But then my phone looked janky and fall off the mount because the weight of the phone plus bumpy ass West Virginia roads lol

Back