Corroded Harness/No Rear Tail Light

Davo53209

Hello Everyone:

First off, I was like to say that I am new to the forum, whereby I'm also seek help.

Recently, I was pulled over for having a faulty driver's side tail. Thankfully, I was left off with only a warning; but when I went to the dealership, they'd informed me that the entire wiring harness connected from the frame and to the driver's side tail light, was completely corroded by years of exposure. The vehicle is question, is a 1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5.

Being that I'm a dedicated DIY'er, I've attempted to find the needed information along with the needed part, with no avail. The dealership has quoted me $1,000 to fix the problem, whereas I'm certain that I could do it far cheaper myself.

The question to everyone is where do I find this harness, along with a write up on how to install it? According the dealership, it's OEM. Is that true or not?

I have the wire harness for the tail section for a 1998 Tacoma call me 425-471-7177 if you have any questions or I could fix for you if you are in wa state

I appreciate the offer; but I'm approximately 2500 miles away from you. Instead if possible, I would just like to see an image of the part along or a part number.

Back