Dealer Good Deal for Oil Change Supplies

Just did mine last week. Didn’t spill a drop.
Try that with the gen3 v6 truck. Even with a professional garage lift, it's nearly impossible. Adding the new oil ain't the issue....it's removing that oil housing canister. You're practically guaranteed to get a few drops of oil on yourself, or the driveway.

Try that with the gen3 v6 truck. Even with a professional garage lift, it's nearly impossible. Adding the new oil ain't the issue....it's removing that oil housing canister. You're practically guaranteed to get a few drops of oil on yourself, or the driveway.

ditto on the Gen1 5VZ
for the messy dribble when removing oil filter, i finally got the opportunity to remove it for the 1st time :)
it only took 26 years and 313k miles
FML

I did in my driveway you need a “motive”oil adapter thou. Otherwise your sol

I have the movtix oil housing wrench, and drain hose that screws right in the housing. It's still not perfect but it is less messy. What I really need is a friggin 3'x 3' pan under the truck

Wow..... I really appreciate the arrangement of the oil filter and drain plug on the 1GR-FE (4.0 L, V-6)

I can do a change in about 15 minutes without spill. Make it 20 minutes with prop shaft lube.

My only concern is the need for a proper fit and bar to loosen the filter cover. Man that shlt is on hard.

Wow..... I really appreciate the arrangement of the oil filter and drain plug on the 1GR-FE (4.0 L, V-6)

I can do a change in about 15 minutes without spill. Make it 20 minutes with prop shaft lube.
No driveshaft zerks on my truck....toyota deleted them around 2019. It's really not a spill, but its just about impossible not to get any oil to splash out of this oil collection container I'm using now. The job is simple enough, its the messy part that there's no escaping.
My only concern is the need for a proper fit and bar to loosen the filter cover. Man that shlt is on hard.
Shouldn't be hard if you used the motivx wrench and a 15/16'' socket with a breaker bar. Just lightly snug the filter housing up...do not over tightened it. Its got an o-ring, if seated correctly, will prevent any leaks.

No driveshaft zerks on my truck....toyota deleted them around 2019. It's really not a spill, but its just about impossible not to get any oil to splash out of this oil collection container I'm using now. The job is simple enough, its the messy part that there's no escaping.

Shouldn't be hard if you used the motivx wrench and a 15/16'' socket with a breaker bar. Just lightly snug the filter housing up...do not over tightened it. Its got an o-ring, if seated correctly, will prevent any leaks.
Yeah that’s what I did. Just snugged it up.

Are you sure about that? My 2019 has a front propeller zerk fitting.

Are you sure about that? My 2019 has a front propeller zerk fitting.
I think Toyota only had one zerk for the front shaft for most of the 2019 tacomas, later production 2019's, and up, they were all deleted. I looked pretty close on my 2020, and didn't see any.

Jury is out on these zerks. Just like these transmissions, the prop shaft, and u-joints, they're now sealed. More manufactures claim less issues with deleting these driveshaft u-joint zerks. They claim under normal driving conditions the u joints last just as long. All I know is, I had 8 on my tundra, and greased them every 10k miles. Those same u-joints were still in my truck over 290k miles

Jury is out on these zerks. Just like these transmissions, the prop shaft, and u-joints, they're now sealed. More manufactures claim less issues with deleting these driveshaft u-joint zerks. They claim under normal driving conditions the u joints last just as long. All I know is, I had 8 on my tundra, and greased them every 10k miles. Those same u-joints were still in my truck over 290k miles
Using cheap and longevity in the same transmission /prop shafts. It really is comical

Back