DeckPlateMod

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by Woodzyzewski, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Woodzyzewski

Woodzyzewski Member

Getting ready to do the Deck plate mod to my 02 5-speed 4 cyl. Has anyone done it to a similar truck and how much did it help (if at all) with gas mileage/power?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I hear it helps with a bit of power but I have never seen dyno proof of it. It will also help in the noise department.

No mod will help with mileage.

4. OP
    Woodzyzewski

Woodzyzewski Member

By noise department I assume you mean louder?

5. whippersnapper02

6. Yota4life

Yota4life Well-Known Member

You're wrong about the mileage mod... It's called the "Anti lead foot" mod

7. whippersnapper02

Yes but people don't understand that mod or the "don'tbuyatruckformileage" mod.

8. OP
    Woodzyzewski

Woodzyzewski Member

I've read other forums that says it does help the power on the dyno. Another guy said he can hold speeds such as 75 while going up hill instead of declining and having to downshift.

Lynks55 likes this.
  9. whippersnapper02

I have never seen dyno results and going up a hill not downshifting means nothing.

10. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Resident Cheapskate Moderator

I had it on my '04 and it did make a bit more intake noise than stock. It seemed to have a bit better throttle response for sure. It won't help for mileage though. I would suggest putting a screen in there if you decide to do it.

11. OP
    Woodzyzewski

Woodzyzewski Member

Yes I have a screen ready for it. Thank you guys