Detailing.

I'm surprised that no one is interested in this. Every truck forum that I've belonged to had a detail section

I'll start by stating that I use a detailing spray wax after washing (spray it on when wet) to wipe it down. I do this in the shade also. No water spots and always has a just waxed look.

What spray do you use?

I've mostly used Turtlewax wax as you dry. Note there are 2 types of Turtlewax. The other is called Express Shine if I remember correctly, I don't use that one. The wax and dry or wax as you dry (can't remember) says to use wet. The other I think is intended for dry use and touch up.

And as far as interiors go, nothing crazy. Shopvac, glass cleaner and armor all detailer. Leaves a matte finish instead of the shiny AA type finish. Way less greasy as well. Keep a dash duster in my glove box for quick cleanups where needed. Use a microfiber cloth on your radio if you have the touchscreen like i do...that thing collects dust like a sum*****.

Hey marrone 04. If you're not liking any of the spray waxes, your paint might be in bad shape. Make sure that its been clay barred. You may even have swirls that need to be removed. If your truck is over 5 years old, it may be time for some rubbing compound

Hey marrone 04. If you're not liking any of the spray waxes, your paint might be in bad shape. Make sure that its been clay barred. You may even have swirls that need to be removed. If your truck is over 5 years old, it may be time for some rubbing compound

Thanks. I was trying the sprays on my 08 camry. I haven't tried anything on my 13 tacoma. Obviously don't need it yet since it is only 2 weeks old. Just trying to get a feel for what I am going to need to buy.

What color is your truck? And your right you are a long way from rubbing compound. One thing, though. You absolutely want to clay bar it. New trucks are loaded with rail dust and all sorts of surface contaminants that washing won't get off

I love black trucks, but they are a pain in the ask to keep nice. Mine is about 3 weeks old, also. Silver.

I was on the fence between the silver and black. The dealer had a silver in stock so that's what I saw first. They went and picked up the black from another dealer and as soon as I saw it I wanted it.

I've been in the car wash and detail business for twelve years. All of my vehicles have been Black, but this time I bought Silver. Even I got tired of working on a Black paint job.
I still have a Black car but it doesn't get driven much. Don't get me wrong though, nothing shines like Black.

Back